123,000 deaths so far while Trump makes jokes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Trump is having a great time at his rallies this past week. Although Oklahoma was a pretty low energy poorly attended rally, Trump got his biggest laughs when he called Covid-19 the "Kung Flu". He repeated his rant in Arizona yesterday, a state that has one of the largest increases of the virus and are at risk for running out of ICU beds. He went on about how many names this "thing" has. He claims no one knows what the "19" stands for. Maybe no one attending any of his rallies would know, but most know it's short for coronavirus disease 2019. Something Trump should know.

He has never once addressed the loss of Americans over the last few months. Never showed any kind of empathy to the families who lost loved ones. The virus is out of control in some southern and western states and and the president is making jokes about it.

The only good news out of this are the latest polls. Polls show that if the election was held today it about have Biden 50% and Trump 36%. The people who don't choose either are pretty much voting against Trump whether they like it or not.

Trump's reaction to the virus and protests are doing the most damage.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I saw that "riff" online. What the heck? After 4 months of WH briefings, task force meetings and high-level decisions, why would he want to act like he does not know what the virus is named? Is ignorance the new thing?

Just don't get this rally cry at all. 120,000 Americans deserve better. There deaths should not be a punchline in a joke.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:58 pm I saw that "riff" online. What the heck? After 4 months of WH briefings, task force meetings and high-level decisions, why would he want to act like he does not know what the virus is named? Is ignorance the new thing?

Just don't get this rally cry at all. 120,000 Americans deserve better. There deaths should not be a punchline in a joke.
You don't get the rally cry but it was the biggest hit of the night. Disturbing to watch those people.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Stop with the lies, lemmings. You need to get another shtick. Your anti-Trump diatribes are beyond boring.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ily-due-to

During an interview on "World News Tonight," ABC News anchor David Muir noted that more than 70,000 Americans have now died from the coronavirus — more than in the Vietnam War — and questioned Trump on his message for affected families.

“I want to say I love you. I want to say that we’re doing everything we can,” Trump said. “I want to just say to the people that have lost family ... and the people that have suffered so badly and just made it, just made it, that we love you. We’re with you. We’re working with you.”

“You can never really come close to replacing, when you’ve lost someone, no matter how well we do next year — I think our economy is going to be raging, it’s going to be so good — no matter how well, those people can never, ever replace somebody they love,” Trump said. “And to the people that have lost someone, there is nobody — I don’t sleep at nights thinking about it — there is nobody that’s taking it harder than me.”
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:40 pm Stop with the lies, lemmings. You need to get another shtick. Your anti-Trump diatribes are beyond boring.

During an interview on "World News Tonight," ABC News anchor David Muir noted that more than 70,000 Americans have now died from the coronavirus — more than in the Vietnam War — and questioned Trump on his message for affected families.

“I want to say I love you. I want to say that we’re doing everything we can,” Trump said. “I want to just say to the people that have lost family ... and the people that have suffered so badly and just made it, just made it, that we love you. We’re with you. We’re working with you.”

“You can never really come close to replacing, when you’ve lost someone, no matter how well we do next year — I think our economy is going to be raging, it’s going to be so good — no matter how well, those people can never, ever replace somebody they love,” Trump said. “And to the people that have lost someone, there is nobody — I don’t sleep at nights thinking about it — there is nobody that’s taking it harder than me.”
That was a month and a half ago. What has he done since then? He's complained, bafflingly, about "too much testing", and that's about it...
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:50 am
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:40 pm Stop with the lies, lemmings. You need to get another shtick. Your anti-Trump diatribes are beyond boring.

That was a month and a half ago. What has he done since then? He's complained, bafflingly, about "too much testing", and that's about it...
When asked by a reporter he answers “I want to say that we love you”. Who is this “we”? He can’t even say offer his own feelings. It’s always this “we”. And only if a reporter asks, when he is forced to.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 am
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:50 am

When asked by a reporter he answers “I want to say that we love you”. Who is this “we”? He can’t even say offer his own feelings. It’s always this “we”. And only if a reporter asks, when he is forced to.
I'm taking the Lincoln Project with a grain of salt but they have a pretty good new ad about this president's lack of decency and compassion.

Snicker
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Give it a rest. He consistently says this.
No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.

Donald Trump
[/
font]
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Snicker
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:19 am
LOL this is proof
No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.

Donald Trump
[/
font]
Locked Previous topicNext topic