Quaker to end Aunt Jemima branding

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

By the way, Quaker products have a shit ton of pesticides in them and their "maple syrup" is corn syrup but a black lady on their products is the most important issue. I buy organic no name bulk oats and real maple syrup.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And now Uncle Ben is rebranding
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mrs Buttersworth next?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:11 pm Mrs Buttersworth next?
That’s what my friend said too. Lol
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:22 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:47 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Me too, yum yum, lol. I get it in a couple of places in So. Ga. where they still home make it. It's becoming a lost art, I think.
My father use to make old fashion pancakes (just flour and water maybe?) with cane syrup. It was the best.

It is a lost art and that’s sad. I actually like it better than maple.
Yeah, my momma talked about those. She made some corn cakes fried in bacon grease that were so good with some cane syrup. It's good on grilled cheese too, lol.
Now I’m gonna have to call home to see if anyone can find it. Lol I think I’ll have better luck in the country.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:11 pm Mrs Buttersworth next?
yes lol. I always thought she was white british. "buttersworth" sound's like a British governess' name. reminds me of mr. belvedere, but I guess she's black.

Following decisions by Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben’s to overhaul their imaging in the wake of renewed calls for racial equality, Conagra Brands also announced Wednesday it has “begun a complete brand and packaging review on Mrs. Butterworth's.”

“The Mrs. Butterworth's brand, including its syrup packaging, is intended to evoke the images of a loving grandmother,” Conagra Brands said in a statement Wednesday. “We stand in solidarity with our Black and Brown communities and we can see that our packaging may be interpreted in a way that is wholly inconsistent with our values.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/fo ... 209566001/
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Does anyone else see a problem with this?

In an effort to combat racism, Americans are taking all Black and Native American faces off of packaging, leaving only White faces lining the isles.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:37 pm Does anyone else see a problem with this?

In an effort to combat racism, Americans are taking all Black and Native American faces off of packaging, leaving only White faces lining the isles.
they make up for it by replacing white characters with POC in TV reboots and movies.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:37 pm Does anyone else see a problem with this?

Yeah kinda....I think it’s token gestures by companies to show how woke they are or trying to be proactive by removing it now before they get hit by the cancel culture.

I don’t think some of these moves are actually done to combat racism.

I don’t think Land O Lakes replaced their logo with a White person so IDK about removing POC from the isles.
Locked Previous topicNext topic