Just 48 hours of the Autozone communist utopia's existence...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:35 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:32 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:43 pm :lol: "What has emerged is an experiment in life without the police — part street festival, part commune. Hundreds have gathered to hear speeches, poetry and music. On Tuesday night, dozens of people sat in the middle of an intersection to watch “13th,” the Ava DuVernay film about the criminal justice system’s impact on African-Americans. On Wednesday, children made chalk drawings in the middle of the street."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/s ... -zone.html

Y'all make it sound like "The Purge". :lol:

It’s always great at the beginning, but you ever watch the until end of those “ we made our own commune” stories?

Everyone always ends up dead or with a lifetime special going over their experience.
You’re thinking of religious cults. Put religion in these situations and the crazy comes out.
this ideology is their religion.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:35 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:43 pm :lol: "What has emerged is an experiment in life without the police — part street festival, part commune. Hundreds have gathered to hear speeches, poetry and music. On Tuesday night, dozens of people sat in the middle of an intersection to watch “13th,” the Ava DuVernay film about the criminal justice system’s impact on African-Americans. On Wednesday, children made chalk drawings in the middle of the street."

It’s always great at the beginning, but you ever watch the until end of those “ we made our own commune” stories?

Everyone always ends up dead or with a lifetime special going over their experience.
You’re thinking of religious cults. Put religion in these situations and the crazy comes out.
The crazy has already come out just by what they're doing.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Name one...

Can’t have ended in massacre, mass suicide, child abuse or so much drug use that no one know what reality was.
moviestar wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:25 pm That is definitely not true...

“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:09 pm I was just reading about this. So funny.
What's so funny? Seattle Mayor pulled the police from that neighborhood precinct. The city's 911 call center is in that precinct. These animals are shaking down businesses for protection money. What about the poor people who live in that precinct? They aren't going to quit at controlling just one precinct. They're planning on expanding into more precincts.

This is going to be another shit show ala Occupy Wall Street. Women and girls will be getting raped, people will get killed, there will be drugs and feces on the streets.
To quote somebody else, if you're stupid, you gotta be tough.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:15 pm Name one...

Can’t have ended in massacre, mass suicide, child abuse or so much drug use that no one know what reality was.

I live in a county of communes - or "purposeful living" communities. They've been here since the 70s and are really lovely, purposeful, supportive communities - the wait list is long.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:25 pm

I live in a county of communes - or "purposeful living" communities. They've been here since the 70s and are really lovely, purposeful, supportive communities - the wait list is long.
Mhm.

And do they disallow any police presence on the occasion that a crime occurs?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Mhm.

I've never known police to be called. These communes tend to watch over and police their own. Honestly, I've never heard of any violence.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:36 pm

Mhm.

I've never known police to be called. These communes tend to watch over and police their own. Honestly, I've never heard of any violence.
I’d be wary of that then.

In a group of more than a few thousand people, there never being reports of any violence is usually due it being covered up than not occurring.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mhm.

But also, in those situations where violence doesn’t occur, they are highly self regulated and completely comprised of a monoculture.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:39 pm

Mhm.

I’d be wary of that then.

In a group of more than a few thousand people, there never being reports of any violence is usually due it being covered up than not occurring.
Oh goodness. We're talking about communes in my county of between 25-50 people. I agree that a few thousand would be a bit more problematic. I am the local farmers market manager and most of our vendors live on one of the multiple communes in our county. They are generally farming communes.

I would add that we have property in another county in the middle of a large Amish community. Police generally aren't called and don't police that area. While we have never noticed any violent crime, we do think that there is domestic and child abuse that is going unreported.
Locked Previous topicNext topic