Poll - Are you starting to allow your children to see friends again?

Are you allowing your children to start seeing friends again?

Hell no, are you crazy?
21%
No, but I’m thinking about it
9%
Yes, as long as they’re 6 ft apart
12%
Yes, we started recently with no restrictions
53%
Yes, they never stopped seeing friends
6%

Total votes: 34
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, a couple of neighborhood kids.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Heck no. The virus is far from gone and letting them go hang out with friends would make everything that we have done in the past to stay safe completely pointless. I have seen many replies on this site in the past 24 hours pointing fingers at protesters, saying that they will cause a second wave, but just look at the numbers saying they are letting their kids go hang out with friends no problem.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:02 pm Heck no. The virus is far from gone and letting them go hang out with friends would make everything that we have done in the past to stay safe completely pointless. I have seen many replies on this site in the past 24 hours pointing fingers at protesters, saying that they will cause a second wave, but just look at the numbers saying they are letting their kids go hang out with friends no problem.
Are you suggesting that you would allow your kids to go loot, murder, and burn things down but letting them visit with friends is outrageous?

Most of us have been sheltering in place and social distancing for at least 10 weeks. And the reality is that any vaccine they come up with is going to be as ineffective as the flu vaccine and a very substantial percentage of the people that were going to die of Covid19 are simply going to die a bit later. This is not going to be like a polio or measles vaccine where the illness is eradicated, and I honestly think scientists need to announce that very loudly in the mainstream media rather than quietly talking about it in scientific journals.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, not yet. We’re on lockdown until at least June 15 and even then, I’ll wait a couple of weeks to see how the curve is going before starting to resume normal activities.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yes I
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, but with some restrictions. If the family has been somewhat responsible, I am not as concerned about the six foot rule, but I don't want them hugging each other or sharing something from the same dish. The infection rate here is at an all time low with only five new cases Friday out of a population of 1.6 million.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:32 pm Yes, they are starting to see their friends again but not in large groups.
Same here.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

To put it into perspective, my husband was going at this with someone yesterday. Statistics: From Thursday to Friday, there were five cases of COVID-19 here over an area population of 1.6 million. Two of those cases were community infections, the other three shelters, residences, etc. During that same time there were 14 car accidents that resulted in injuries.

Statistically, last Friday, we had a seven times greater chance of being injured in a car accident than getting sick from COVID-19.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, because they typically hang out at the playground with a ton of other kids. I do let my two older children go to the forested area by our house to play by themselves.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:14 am To put it into perspective, my husband was going at this with someone yesterday. Statistics: From Thursday to Friday, there were five cases of COVID-19 here over an area population of 1.6 million. Two of those cases were community infections, the other three shelters, residences, etc. During that same time there were 14 car accidents that resulted in injuries.

Statistically, last Friday, we had a seven times greater chance of being injured in a car accident than getting sick from COVID-19.
Must be nice.. here in GA it is jacked up. I have been tracking this for the last couple of weeks.. In my county alone, the count has gone up. A few weeks ago, we had 600 people infected out of 234,000.. It has gone up almost 90 people in the past two weeks, with now 22 deaths and 89 people in the 216 person bed hospital. That is 19 people fewer than half the hospital. My state has almost 47,000 people confirmed and over 2000 deaths. It is still rampaging and yet people are going nuts with get togethers. On Memorial Day, one of our neighbors had a huge party...there were 12 cars parked in the road at their house. *sigh*
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic