Fat shamed by a doctor

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 pm My SO was morbidly obese. He went to a doctor for a check up and weight management. It was something the doctor advertised. We get there are the man literally fat shamed SO, told him to be vegan and basically said he wouldn't be able to help SO until he started losing weight...
Over the years doctors would fat shame him and refuse to run tests because they "knew" he had to lose the weight first.
Rapid weight gain in a short period of time and unable to lose it, but let's not test the man and assumed he needs to go vegan
My husband has struggled for years to lose weight. Since he was a child. His mother would let him drink sodas instead of water and there was always plenty of junk to eat in the house. After years of being overweight and not being able to lose, he's now diabetic. But the current medication that he's on for his blood sugar has helped him lose weight.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:20 pm
Conweis wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 pm My SO was morbidly obese. He went to a doctor for a check up and weight management. It was something the doctor advertised. We get there are the man literally fat shamed SO, told him to be vegan and basically said he wouldn't be able to help SO until he started losing weight...
Over the years doctors would fat shame him and refuse to run tests because they "knew" he had to lose the weight first.
Rapid weight gain in a short period of time and unable to lose it, but let's not test the man and assumed he needs to go vegan
My husband has struggled for years to lose weight. Since he was a child. His mother would let him drink sodas instead of water and there was always plenty of junk to eat in the house. After years of being overweight and not being able to lose, he's now diabetic. But the current medication that he's on for his blood sugar has helped him lose weight.
Childhood obesity is a strong risk factor for adult obesity. It is very sad.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 pm
Childhood obesity is a strong risk factor for adult obesity. It is very sad.
Yes it is. And I hate the woman for what she did to him too.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When my SO told him he was 220 in high school the doctor said SO had been obese a long time. SO told the man he was into weight lifting in high school and the doctor told him, fat was fat.
FYI- SO was a sexy beast in high school. He was built wide and muscular.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:43 am
When my SO told him he was 220 in high school the doctor said SO had been obese a long time. SO told the man he was into weight lifting in high school and the doctor told him, fat was fat.

Jason Momoa weighs more than that. I'd love to see a doctor try to call him fat.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:43 am
Doctors like that are assholes and morons and should be told off and fired.
Locked Previous topicNext topic