I'm not going to take the engagement seriously

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My sister just got engaged to her long distance boyfriend now "fiance". They have been dating long distance for 3 ish years. He does seem like a nice guy but I'm not going to actually take this engagement seriously until they meet.

My sister wants me to help her with the wedding. She doesn't understand why I am not more happy for her. I told her I'm not going to be involved in planning the wedding.

I can't take any of this seriously enough for that. If they aren't even serious enough to meet up they shouldn't even talk about getting married. The plan is that he will move here but that has been the plan for years.

They don't even truly know each other. Living with someone shows you so much about them even if you spent time together before that.

My sister is upset but she will just have to get over it.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She needs to plan a meeting before a wedding. Ridiculous.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It'll probably fizzle. I wouldn't waste another thought on it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So living together is a requirement now?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Did you know that people who live together before they get married have a higher chance of getting divorced? It’s something like a 33% chance higher than those who didn’t. 🤷‍♀️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Watch 90 day fiance. This is everyone's story.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Have they actually had a face to face meeting?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:53 pm So living together is a requirement now?
No but meeting should be don't you think?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SilentNeko wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:34 pm Have they actually had a face to face meeting?
No
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm Did you know that people who live together before they get married have a higher chance of getting divorced? It’s something like a 33% chance higher than those who didn’t. 🤷‍♀️
I'd love to see those statistics because I do think that is interesting. What do you think the chances of them surviving a marriage if they have never even met and got to know each other before the wedding.
Locked Previous topicNext topic