Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:43 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:20 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:07 pm

It actually would not be sexual harassment in any workplace 🙄

It may violate some company’s policy for viewing in the workplace but if someone has that type of a policy they should most certainly not be in the meme group here.

The only way possible this meme could fall under a sexual harassment claim would be if it were sent to someone in the workplace and was part of a pattern of material being sent or given.
I’ll have to let my friend know, her hr dept has fired a couple people over memes with images similar to that one because someone who sat near them complained about the image. She had talked with me about this to try to brain storm solutions as the people fired were in their social media dept and it stands to reason that if someone’s job involves being on social media, there’s a good possibility they’ll see NSFW content or it could occasionally be on their monitors. Maybe it’s a state thing though I thought it was federal but any employer I’ve had where I worked onsite, all say the same thing during the sexual harassment awareness classes to be cautious of any posts you open, look for and avoid nsfw, because even if it’s not directed at someone if they walk by and see it, it’s classified as sexual harassment.
I agree.

That’s how it works at every company I have ever worked for. I managed an IT department at a call center many years ago and had to work with HR on similar complaints like this. It is classified as sexual harassment because it’s facilitating a hostile work environment.

Honestly, this picture can be interpreted as a Black woman with a photoshopped dick to imply that her Black features makes her look like a man.

So it can be both racially and sexually problematic in the work place IMO.
That is pretty much what we were told. I have even signed no liable clauses pertaining to digital images or ideas I may have encountered in the course of performing my job and it explicitly stated the company wasn’t liable for sexual harassment under the specifics conditions🤷🏼‍♀️
Locked Previous topicNext topic