I wonder how the Democrats feel

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Knowing the economic stimulus funded a lot of fun purchases?
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t know how any one group of people feel,

But no matter what the money was spent on, isn’t that a stimulation to the country’s economy as a whole?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Meh, I don't align myself one way or the other politically, but isn't that the point of the stimulus check? No matter what you spend it on, you are still stimulating the economy in some way, which was the whole point.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Most democrats I know put their money toward rent and mortgages. I don't know what fantasy you're reading that says otherwise.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

I don’t much care what either party thinks about how I spent my stimulus. I just wish they all would pull their head out of the arses and do the job they were voted in to do.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think anyone with half a brain realized a large portion of the stimulus package went to unneeded corporate bailouts and government pet projects that didn't need funding. They are also very aware that a large percentage of the population also spent their individual stimulus checks on impulse "wants" as opposed to necessities like bills etc. Responsible, intelligent individuals have used that money to either get ahead in paying off bills or have tucked it away for a rainy day. The majority of people however are morons and will likely be begging for money in the form of go-fund-me's and such when they are finally able to return to work. They made their own bed and will have to lie in it at the end of the day.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:51 am Most democrats I know put their money toward rent and mortgages. I don't know what fantasy you're reading that says otherwise.
I know quite a few people who bought guns with theirs. In fact when my husband bought his they told him “Happy Stimulus” which indicates to me they sold quite a few also. They also told him background checks were averaging 30 minutes because the system was so busy. His took 5 minutes.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:12 pm I think anyone with half a brain realized a large portion of the stimulus package went to unneeded corporate bailouts and government pet projects that didn't need funding. They are also very aware that a large percentage of the population also spent their individual stimulus checks on impulse "wants" as opposed to necessities like bills etc. Responsible, intelligent individuals have used that money to either get ahead in paying off bills or have tucked it away for a rainy day. The majority of people however are morons and will likely be begging for money in the form of go-fund-me's and such when they are finally able to return to work. They made their own bed and will have to lie in it at the end of the day.
We banked 1/2 in savings and split the other 1/2 each on a want we otherwise might not buy. All our bills are paid and we have a money tucked away.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:18 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:12 pm I think anyone with half a brain realized a large portion of the stimulus package went to unneeded corporate bailouts and government pet projects that didn't need funding. They are also very aware that a large percentage of the population also spent their individual stimulus checks on impulse "wants" as opposed to necessities like bills etc. Responsible, intelligent individuals have used that money to either get ahead in paying off bills or have tucked it away for a rainy day. The majority of people however are morons and will likely be begging for money in the form of go-fund-me's and such when they are finally able to return to work. They made their own bed and will have to lie in it at the end of the day.
We banked 1/2 in savings and split the other 1/2 each on a want we otherwise might not buy. All our bills are paid and we have a money tucked away.
If the shoe fits wear it, if it doesn't apply let it fly. My comment wasn't aimed at anyone specific.
Locked Previous topicNext topic