Protests sweep California as governor promises changes to lockdown

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Question:
Since the thousands of homeless people in California are allowed to publicly shit in the streets, do they have to shit with a mask on, or do they get a pass while working Americans get ticketed for walking on the beach maskless?
KAG
Mean Girl
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lingev wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:44 am
29again wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:02 pm
Looks like a bunch of terrorists.
Yes, I agree! Those cops in RIOT gear do look like terrorists.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:22 pm Question:
Since the the thousands of homeless people in California are allowed to publicly shit in the streets, do they have to shit with a mask on, or do they get a pass while working Americans get ticketed for walking on the beach maskless?

Good question. They are allowed to steal the masks, though, so I can't be sure.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lana90day
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Blue lives matter?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:46 pm
There are people literally spitting in the police officers’ faces. Screaming at them!

Trump said again today that if we hadn’t shut down and did social distancing there would be two million dead. He probably made the number up, but he talks out of both sides of his mouth. First, by repeating how contagious and deadly it is. Second to Tweet “liberate Michigan” . If he truly believes there would have been two million dead, why would he encourage protesting when it’s not yet under control?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:18 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:46 pm
There are people literally spitting in the police officers’ faces. Screaming at them!

Trump said again today that if we hadn’t shut down and did social distancing there would be two million dead. He probably made the number up, but he talks out of both sides of his mouth. First, by repeating how contagious and deadly it is. Second to Tweet “liberate Michigan” . If he truly believes there would have been two million dead, why would he encourage protesting when it’s not yet under control?
I'm all for the ability to peacefully protest. The above isn't it. Why they can get away being so intimidating and violent is beyond me. Change the demographics of the protestors and this would be a completely different situation I'm sure. Our first responders are contracting Covid-19 at a higher rate than the general population. Why would these people think it's okay to increase the infection? It makes ME want to spit, but not at anyone. I'm better than that.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lingev wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:50 am
QLuv wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:49 pm
29again wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:02 pm
Newsom is a tyrant!
Why?
We have a stay at home order and businesses are closed except for necessary business, grocery stores , drug stores in our state too and it’s a good thing. He’s not a tyrant.There should be more governors like Newsome! He’s doing the right thing to save lives!
In the long run it will cost more lives than it saves.
Lingev
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:04 am
Lingev wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:50 am
QLuv wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:49 pm
Newsom is a tyrant!
Why?
We have a stay at home order and businesses are closed except for necessary business, grocery stores , drug stores in our state too and it’s a good thing. He’s not a tyrant.There should be more governors like Newsome! He’s doing the right thing to save lives!
In the long run it will cost more lives than it saves.
🙄
Locked Previous topicNext topic