Mil is actually mad that we will be having fun this weekend

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:20 pm What state are you in that has such a fun stay at home order?
I’m in CT and DH has regularly been going to mess with his sailboat. There are no employees in the boat yard at the moment. I’m sure if he can find someone to put it in the water we will all go sailing.

We have our own motorized dinghy, so we can practice social distancing and still get out to the mooring at our yacht club.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:35 pm Is she not allowed to express her concern? Doesn't mean anyone has to change their plans.
Apparently not. My mother certainly expresses hers. I listen and then do as I see fit. It works well.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:20 pm What state are you in that has such a fun stay at home order?
"Fun" stay at home order? I think it's a normal stay at home order.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/stay- ... or-arizona

Gov. Ducey said people could still go outside.

"We do not want people to feel trapped or isolated in their homes,” he said. “The weather is beautiful right now. Find a way to get out and enjoy it — with physical distancing."

DH and the boys have gone hiking locally most every day, and the boys get PE credit for it. We were hiking by the dam recently and there were people hiking, fishing, boating and no one got within 6 ft of others. Very easy and very enjoyable.

It doesn't have to mean "don't set foot outside your house for one single bit". You just have to be smart about it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My city closed boat ramps. But surrounding cities have theirs open. The rules are boats stay fifty feet apart and no more than ten people on one. And no congregating at the ramps. Really there's nothing much left. Beaches here are closed.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:37 pm We are taking the boat out and going fishing, skiing, and going for a couple of nights. All of which is not only allowed under our stay in place order but also encouraged.

Ds was excited and telling her the plan and she called Dh and yelled at him. She told him he was not allowed to put her grand kids at risk.

They aren't at risk just hanging out as a family on the boat. No one else is coming and we won't be close enough to anyone else that it is going to be an issue.

And she wonders why we think she is bitchy and controlling
2/10
I would have given you a higher troll score except there is a covid-19 undertone to the post😵
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:55 pm
"Fun" stay at home order? I think it's a normal stay at home order.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/stay- ... or-arizona

Gov. Ducey said people could still go outside.

"We do not want people to feel trapped or isolated in their homes,” he said. “The weather is beautiful right now. Find a way to get out and enjoy it — with physical distancing."

DH and the boys have gone hiking locally most every day, and the boys get PE credit for it. We were hiking by the dam recently and there were people hiking, fishing, boating and no one got within 6 ft of others. Very easy and very enjoyable.

It doesn't have to mean "don't set foot outside your house for one single bit". You just have to be smart about it.
Every time I see anything about people going on hikes on our local Facebook there are at least 12 people saying they should stay inside. Some lady posted a picture of her kid looking sad because he couldn’t play outside and then got mad when people said he could go out into their yard to play he didn’t have to stay inside all the time. I don’t know why people think the air inside is any different from the air right outside your house. It’s not like the virus is a fog floating around waiting to kill people.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:02 pm Where are you that you can go boating AND skiing? Lol
Have you ever heard of this thing called water skiing? :lol:
Kikibix
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My areas outbreak seems to be holding and not increasing too much and people are physically distancing quite well for the most part but all parks, recreation sites, boat ramps, campsites - including the off road forestry areas are now closed. It sucks but it's for the benefit of everyone. All it takes is a few selfish people to ruin the downward trend of infection. Also they do not want to put first responders at risk needlessly in case someone gets lost hiking or has an accident in their car, boat, etc. Seems harmless to be outdoors with your own immediate family but there are still risks to others.
Locked Previous topicNext topic