Trump Orders Stop of N95 Masks to Canada

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:21 am I don't see where the criticism NOW is coming from. There's a more urgent need here. His critics complain he's not doing enough. He's prioritizing, which is what he's supposed to do as the leader.

His critics complain that there's no federal help and it's being left to the states. There is now federal help by his diverting supplies and requiring them to remain where the need is urgent. This is now being criticized.

You're all nuts.
I’m not nuts. Not today anyway. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:42 pm
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:40 am
highlandmum wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:28 am

3M is even saying this will have the opposite result of what he is trying to achieve. Linamar will not send needed ventilators, Bauer the needed face shields, the 1400 health care workers may be stopped from going to Detroit. Do you see where this is heading?
I have a friend who used to work there, did they always manufacturer ventilators or were they retooled to manufacture them in light of our current situation?
Honestly, I can't blame Canada for retaliating like that. Hopefully we can start production of masks in Canada, so we don't have to rely on the states for them.
They make car parts. They are partnering with a ventilator manufacturer to retool.
Ok, I remember hearing they were going to retool some factories to make medical supplies. I thought that might have been the case here. Cool!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I could maybe understand if the US federal government were getting the desperately needed supplies to those municipalities that need them. But they're not and have said that they're reserve is a federal reserve, not a state reserve according to Kushner. I would like to have faith that this administration is distributing as needed but can't help but feeling that someone in the Trump family is profiting and that means more to them than saving lives.

We are starting to see in the US some states sending PPE to other states and I do feel that this needs to be global. Won't happen though, at least in the US. Here, states (particularly blue states) will need to continue to rely on other blue states, UN, and China for supplies while red states will rely on the "federal reserve".

All of this could have been prevented if we had prepared just a little bit. Now, here we are with almost 25% of the global cases of CV-19. Yeah us. We're number one.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 am NY has over 100,00 cases. The need is there. Hospitals are short on all supplies. I am sorry but this area has to come first for supplies.
The problem is the federal government isn't being consistent on needs based decisions. It's still very partisan in the Trump White House.

Jarod Kushner said
"The notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile," he said. "It's not supposed to be states' stockpiles that they then use."
This doesn't make any sense. Are there "federal" people who might need them as opposed to people who live in various states? As a result, NY got ventilators from China and Oregon and not from the federal stockpile.

As you know, the hot spots are spreading fast around NYC. Deaths in NY have gone from about 100 a day to 1,000 a day pretty fast. This is why it's so disgusting when Trump said he "didn't think" NY would need 30,000 or 40,000 more ventilators, despite what the experts said.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:42 am I have no problem with America taking care of itself right now. Outsourcing so much manufacturing has done nothing good as this crisis has proved repeatedly. Globalism doesn't look like a great option at this point. Any American company that is selling essential supplies to other countries while Americans are sick and dying doesn't look great either. People here are paying attention.
One million masks were just purchased from China and organized by the New England Patriots. Russia has donated supplies to us.

Americans aren't making these masks that Trump is trying to deny other countries access. They are Chinese factories owned by an American company tht are making the masks. Chinese citizens are making them, not Americans. We need China right now more than ever.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:27 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:21 am I don't see where the criticism NOW is coming from. There's a more urgent need here. His critics complain he's not doing enough. He's prioritizing, which is what he's supposed to do as the leader.

His critics complain that there's no federal help and it's being left to the states. There is now federal help by his diverting supplies and requiring them to remain where the need is urgent. This is now being criticized.

You're all nuts.
I’m not nuts. Not today anyway. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Southern you crack me up!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:50 pm
Lexy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:06 pm
‘3M’ Disputes Masks Were Ordered

Berlin’s local CDU politicians are among the few who have been following a partisan politics strategy even during the Corona crisis. While CDU and SPD have been cooperating very well in the federal government since the crisis began, Berlin’s CDU has not missed any opportunity it saw to criticize the Senate.

On Saturday, ‘3M’ reportedly disputed things happened the way the Berlin Senate said they did. The company did not have documents that could have confirmed any order of masks from China for the Berlin police, ‘3M’ said in a statement. Nor was there evidence for any confiscation.
https://berlinspectator.com/2020/04/03/ ... or-police/
I hope this is true and it was just some sort of misunderstanding. From what I read, the German government is now conducting an investigation.

This might become a far bigger deal than it is now, or it might go away. We will see.
I read an article that Germany has one of the lowest death rates because they are being proactive and treating people with minimal symptoms instead of just telling them to go home until they get so sick they can't breathe.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:42 am I have no problem with America taking care of itself right now. Outsourcing so much manufacturing has done nothing good as this crisis has proved repeatedly. Globalism doesn't look like a great option at this point. Any American company that is selling essential supplies to other countries while Americans are sick and dying doesn't look great either. People here are paying attention.
One million masks were just purchased from China and organized by the New England Patriots. Russia has donated supplies to us.

Americans aren't making these masks that Trump is trying to deny other countries access. They are Chinese factories owned by an American company tht are making the masks. Chinese citizens are making them, not Americans. We need China right now more than ever.
We have a large factory in our town that makes the fabric used for face masks and hospital gowns. It's then sent to China for production. It's American owned and for obvious reasons is considered an essential business. These masks and gowns, however, are being distributed worldwide according to Chinese protocols.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Isn't that where the first batch of tests came from, all nice and pre-infected for us? Did you see any of that? I'm sure you'll tell me that never happened. :lol:

Have you seen any videos from inside where these masks are sewn overseas and the unsanitary conditions they're manufactured in? And we're supposed to put that over our mouth and breathe through them?

Psssstttt ... China doesn't care about us. If they did we would have been warned about this a long time ago.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Isn't that where the first batch of tests came from, all nice and pre-infected for us? Did you see any of that? I'm sure you'll tell me that never happened. :lol:

Have you seen any videos from inside where these masks are sewn overseas and the unsanitary conditions they're manufactured in? And we're supposed to put that over our mouth and breathe through them?

Psssstttt ... China doesn't care about us. If they did we would have been warned about this a long time ago.
Who said they cared about us? They all probably think we're foul loudmouth fat idiots who all voted for Trump. Just stating the facts that the Chinese people are making our masks. American companies closed down factories long ago and sent the work to other countries. We are a global world and have no choice but to depend on China.
Locked Previous topicNext topic