Trump signals growing weariness with ‘social distancing’ and other steps advocated by health officials

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:52 pm
29again wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:45 pm
Date was Jan 31, 2020 for that article.

AFP
[email protected]
@thelocalitaly
31 January 2020
08:17 CET+01:00
coronavirus
It's a link from the Forbes article. Just adding information.
OK, thanks. I wasn't sure what you were meaning to say!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 pm
29again wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:52 pm
Francee89 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:31 pm

Where are you getting that Americans have better medical access? WHO ranked Italy the second best healthcare system in the world. The United States in 37th: https://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html.

Once it was out of China, banning travel from there didn’t stop it. Italy banned travel from China before the United States did, and it didn’t stop the community spread once it was in their country already. Wuhan also forcibly quarantined people, while Italy is under a national lockdown - both helped slow the spread. The United States is doing it piecemeal, which won’t help at all.

Actually, Italy banned flights to/from Wuhan City ONLY on Feb. 23. A week later, they banned flights from China, anywhere in China. That corresponds to when the US banned flights from China.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/i ... rom-china/

One thing that definitely did not help Italy fight the virus was their fear of appearing racist.
https://voiceofeurope.com/2020/03/italy ... a-chinese/
From your first link:

"In addition, the Italian authorities have decided to expand a decision of January 23, to suspend flights to the city of Wuhan, now calling-off all flights to mainland China, until a further notice."

It wasn't February.
No, it wasn't. I don't think I said it was. And I'm pretty sure that we put a ban on flights to/from China on Jan 31.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:17 am
29again wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Actually, Italy banned flights to/from Wuhan City ONLY on Feb. 23. A week later, they banned flights from China, anywhere in China. That corresponds to when the US banned flights from China.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/i ... rom-china/

One thing that definitely did not help Italy fight the virus was their fear of appearing racist.
https://voiceofeurope.com/2020/03/italy ... a-chinese/
From your first link:

"In addition, the Italian authorities have decided to expand a decision of January 23, to suspend flights to the city of Wuhan, now calling-off all flights to mainland China, until a further notice."

It wasn't February.
No, it wasn't. I don't think I said it was. And I'm pretty sure that we put a ban on flights to/from China on Jan 31.
Was the above comment, noting February 23rd, your words or a quote?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Okay so now Australia is doing what I said should have been done when cases were around 20 and imported cases where the only concern. If countries around the world had did this weeks ago we would have had a very good handle on the situation. Why did Canada and the US not do this a couple of months ago? Why do/did more countries not do this?
Australians returning from overseas will be placed into makeshift quarantine camps established at hotels and the military will help ensure they don’t leave.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-a ... 3bb2e4cf03
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:21 am

From your first link:

It wasn't February.
Shiiiiiiitttt. My HUGE mistake! Looked at it a dozen times, and never noticed. :hangs head in shame:
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Shiiiiiiitttt. My HUGE mistake! Looked at it a dozen times, and never noticed. :hangs head in shame:
I was wondering if I was missing something, lol.

Your article and the link I posted out of the Forbes report were both dated January 31, so I couldn't figure out where February was coming from.

Italy stopped flights with Wuhan on January 23rd and closed off flights with China on January 31st. If I recall correctly, we announced closure on January 31st.

I'm absolutely frazzled.
306/232

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:56 am

Your article and the link I posted out of the Forbes report were both dated January 31, so I couldn't figure out where February was coming from.

Italy stopped flights with Wuhan on January 23rd and closed off flights with China on January 31st. If I recall correctly, we announced closure on January 31st.

I'm absolutely frazzled.
Frazzled is absolutely the word!
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:24 pm

I'm absolutely frazzled.
I already have an extreme anxiety disorder and the past few days have been really trying me. I found out that a friend with COPD developed pneumonia and was transported from a SE Georgia hospital to a hospital here. She passed away yesterday, but no one has told us if she tested positive for the virus. Her family is devastated.
306/232

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:41 pm

I'm absolutely frazzled.
I already have an extreme anxiety disorder and the past few days have been really trying me. I found out that a friend with COPD developed pneumonia and was transported from a SE Georgia hospital to a hospital here. She passed away yesterday, but no one has told us if she tested positive for the virus. Her family is devastated.
Oh, no! I am SO sorry... Please accept my sympathies, for you and her family.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:57 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Oh, no! I am SO sorry... Please accept my sympathies, for you and her family.
Thank you.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic