I just heard the man who runs TESLA cars just made 1000 ventilators and gave it to the US Gov.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:10 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am I'm glad people are making donations. But the citizens of the USA should not be dependent on wealthy private citizens to provide life-saving medical equipment in an national emergency. The POTUS has the power under the Defense Production Act to direct manufacturing of what is needed. So far he has not done so and we need to ask why.
Based on what he said about state governors, it seems it's based on the mantra of States Rights. Problem is the federal government is better suited to help the states get this equipment.

When he said,

"Governors are supposed to be doing a lot of this work, and they are doing a lot of this work. The federal government's not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping. You know, we're not shipping clerks," Trump said."

I had to facepalm.

Even a scarecrow should realize that's not how it works.
I wouldnt wish sickness on anyone but a nice "cough shortness of breath bout cough cough" might do the moron a world of good. Especially if all they could find for him is "cough, an old rusty iron lung, cough." Sorry lol allergies...
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ford is also working with 3M and GE to produce and design ventilators and respirators. GM is also working to help produce them too.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How did even this post turn into Trump?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:24 pm How did even this post turn into Trump?
It’s about a massive shortage of ventilators. The leader of the country will come up when this topic is discussed. Either with praise for his efforts on making it happen especially for the state of New York or it will be criticism for telling the governors to go ahead and try to outbid the federal government, you’re on your own and refusing to require certain corporations to make them. You can guess which leader we have.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 pm Ford is also working with 3M and GE to produce and design ventilators and respirators. GM is also working to help produce them too.
I can’t imagine these companies not wanting to do whatever it takes. It benefits every one of us.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

GM and Ford are limited in their ability to produce ventilators. Perhaps Trump is right and NYC doesn't need them? Perhaps NYC is right and people are going to die. But shit, this is so incredibly stupid. The messaging coming out of the WH is at odds with the messaging coming out of the private sector. Is this okay? Is any of this okay?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Animal hospitals are sending their ventilators to hospitals. It’s not much but if it saves a life, it saves a life.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... itals-amid
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:49 pm GM and Ford are limited in their ability to produce ventilators. Perhaps Trump is right and NYC doesn't need them? Perhaps NYC is right and people are going to die. But shit, this is so incredibly stupid. The messaging coming out of the WH is at odds with the messaging coming out of the private sector. Is this okay? Is any of this okay?
I think he's listening to the evangelicals bending his ear.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:43 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:49 pm GM and Ford are limited in their ability to produce ventilators. Perhaps Trump is right and NYC doesn't need them? Perhaps NYC is right and people are going to die. But shit, this is so incredibly stupid. The messaging coming out of the WH is at odds with the messaging coming out of the private sector. Is this okay? Is any of this okay?
I think he's listening to the evangelicals bending his ear.
I think he's talking out his ass and waiting for the private sector to catch up to his bullshit. When they don't, it's "they're fault". But it isn't. It's his fault. This entire things is just horrific. In "the greatest nation on earth" we are watching medical staff unable to cope and dying in real time. Just get the F***ing ventilators and PPE to those who need it! Stop arguing about numbers and who is deserving. Stop making it blue verses red states.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic