Bad review.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm
Conweis wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:35 pm

It isn't another sign that he's fraudulent because that could very well be his name, fraud or not. You don't know his name and if he is lying about it. Chris is a popular name in many countries, in many of which English is not the prominent language.
Im not being naive, I have just been there which is why it's important to me to say something. My cousin is an English language learner named Hannah who works for a health insurance company. She would be a very wealthy person if she had a dollar every time time someone said "no, like what's your reeeeal name." Still Hannah. And even if his birth name isn't Chris, many English language learners will adopt a familiar American name solely because it's easier for Americans to remember and to avoid discrimination, not to try to "dupe" you.
Very few lairs give their real name. His name is not Chris. Not because of his language barrier but because his email has a different "English" sounding names. No need to get defensive or informative about it.
There still shouldnt be an assumption made because of his name and language. She didn't have his other emails to see other names when she made that post. I wasn't defensive, but it's a common assumption and I will say something if I see it.

Its been explained to you it was not assumed based on the language. When people are trying to scam you or be unethical, it is absolutely the right thing to do to be suspicious about it and notice the clues that they are lying.

I'm beginning to see why many people here have such a problem with you.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Just for the record....

“Chris” is a foreign seller, who is manipulating amazon’s review system to keep his crap product in the top 100. This product is currently #61 in it’s category. It wouldn’t surprise me any if he has paid people to post all those amazing 5 star reviews, because those reviews don’t match up with the many bad reviews I read.

What some sellers will do is buy product in mass quantities for a cheap price and then turn around and sell it on amazon for a profit. Nothing wrong with any of that, but what some will do is pay people to do product reviews giving a 5 star review. Sometimes they will want you to buy the product or they will send you the script of what they want posted. They will even ask someone who has given a bad review to change their review. It is manipulative and wrong and against amazon policy.

Everyone who has approached me on Upwork offering me a job of this nature have been foreigners, mainly from India. I doubt “Chris” is his real name. I have reported every offer to Upwork, and if I get far enough into the dialog to know what their account is on amazon, I have reported them there, as well.

Do not, under any circumstance, allow a seller to talk you into manipulating a posted review. You could lose your review privileges, at the very least, or get completely booted off amazon. It isn’t worth it. Foreign sellers need to understand they can’t manipulate a system designed to help customers make a good decision on what to buy. Unfortunately, because review manipulation is so prevalent, you can’t really believe the 5 star reviews.
Progress, not perfection.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:31 pm
Conweis wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Very few lairs give their real name. His name is not Chris. Not because of his language barrier but because his email has a different "English" sounding names. No need to get defensive or informative about it.
There still shouldnt be an assumption made because of his name and language. She didn't have his other emails to see other names when she made that post. I wasn't defensive, but it's a common assumption and I will say something if I see it.

Its been explained to you it was not assumed based on the language. When people are trying to scam you or be unethical, it is absolutely the right thing to do to be suspicious about it and notice the clues that they are lying.

Which is why my question was, if it was not assumed based on language, why was it brought up? Why was the man calls with the accent who says his name is John brought up as well?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Which is why my question was, if it was not assumed based on language, why was it brought up? Why was the man calls with the accent who says his name is John brought up as well?

AGAIN, because in these situations where people are trying to scam others, its another indication the person is lying.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 pm Kudos to you for refusing to remove it. I think sellers who do that kind of thing should be barred for fraudulent practices.
Come on now. Go easy on the guy. He's had a long lack of sleep which caused problems with his manufacturer! Geeze!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:08 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:00 pm
Smarties wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:56 am

Oh for goodness sake Oli. In this situation, that's exactly what it means. The guy is a fraud. He should be reported.
I just dont see why you would bring up his language and why you doubt his name is Chris. If you think it's fake, whatever, I'm not saying you're wrong and it couldn't be possible.

Because its yet another sign he's fraudulent. Just like "John" with a foreign accent calling from the "IRS" saying you owe them money isn't really "John." Its part of the attempt to dupe somebody. Come on Oli. Don't be naive.
It's not naivety darlin', it's pure sanctimony.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Some of ya’ll need to research (YouTube is a great resource for this) and see where these idiots originate from. And it sure as hell isn’t from the US.
Progress, not perfection.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:02 pm
Smarties wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:08 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:00 pm

I just dont see why you would bring up his language and why you doubt his name is Chris. If you think it's fake, whatever, I'm not saying you're wrong and it couldn't be possible.

Because its yet another sign he's fraudulent. Just like "John" with a foreign accent calling from the "IRS" saying you owe them money isn't really "John." Its part of the attempt to dupe somebody. Come on Oli. Don't be naive.
It's not naivety darlin', it's pure sanctimony.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But some people make it so hard! Lol.

But I've had my own naive moments or times when I could have been nicer to someone. So I try to remind myself, have patience.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:35 pm

AGAIN, because in these situations where people are trying to scam others, its another indication the person is lying.
What is another indication? That the person has an accent?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I expect a person that is running a legitimate business to have some degree of communication skills. When it is apparent that those skills are lacking, I begin to become skeptical.

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:08 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:35 pm

What is another indication? That the person has an accent?
Locked Previous topicNext topic