My 19 yr old is going to kill me

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Are there a lot of cases in Mexico currently?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:24 pm Ignorance is wha will spread this thing further. Like thinking that as long as you shower and wash your hands you’re all set.
And yes, I live in a developing country. And not just any developing country, but the country that just elected the biggest idiot as president. Look it up, (Andrés Manuel Lopez Obrador) it’s a good laugh for anyone not living here. Heck, at this point I may as well laugh too 😂🤣 But of course that doesn’t mean that all of us are equally stupid. In fact, I’m very proud of my fellow Mexicans who took matters into their own hands and used social media to promote staying home and protecting being each other, since that moron was all about making rallies and telling people to hug each other during these dreadful times.

OP is doing the right thing by isolating her house from outsiders. If her daughter doesn’t like it, she can go and be with her BF if that’s so important.
Pjmm wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 pm Thank you for reporting that. I was away for a while making pizza from scratch! (Oh, yes, I’m patting my own back, lol)

It’s pretty ironic that I was called “ignorant” simply because I live in a developing country (that actually has good education facilities and top notch hospitals, but whatever) when that poster has no clue that just washing your hands, taking a shower and doing laundry isn’t a guarantee to stop this virus. Not to mention her discriminatory ignorance that people who live in less developed countries are uneducated.

She must be very ashamed of the fact that a person living in a developing country is actually more informed and educated than her. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It was certainly bs and uncalled for. We should be pulling together right now not insulting another mother because we don't agree. Besides you're right. Washing is important but no guarantee. I know that every time I go to work.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hard to say. I’m sure there are more cases than the “official” numbers say. As I said, our president is the biggest moron ever, he’s going around saying we should all hug each other and holding meetings. It’s been the public the ones that have taken the appropriate measures.
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:01 pm Are there a lot of cases in Mexico currently?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:24 pm Ignorance is wha will spread this thing further. Like thinking that as long as you shower and wash your hands you’re all set.
And yes, I live in a developing country. And not just any developing country, but the country that just elected the biggest idiot as president. Look it up, (Andrés Manuel Lopez Obrador) it’s a good laugh for anyone not living here. Heck, at this point I may as well laugh too 😂🤣 But of course that doesn’t mean that all of us are equally stupid. In fact, I’m very proud of my fellow Mexicans who took matters into their own hands and used social media to promote staying home and protecting being each other, since that moron was all about making rallies and telling people to hug each other during these dreadful times.

OP is doing the right thing by isolating her house from outsiders. If her daughter doesn’t like it, she can go and be with her BF if that’s so important.
Pjmm wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 pm

It was certainly bs and uncalled for. We should be pulling together right now not insulting another mother because we don't agree. Besides you're right. Washing is important but no guarantee. I know that every time I go to work.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:33 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:49 pm Unfortunately, no. That’s not all that’s needed.

Yes it is. I wouldn't expect some uneducated woman from a third world country to understand.

That's the type of comment I'd expect from an ignorant troll.
Was that comment deleted? Sounds like VDBitch.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm She is home from college and I am not allowing her to see her boyfriend because of the lockdown. She keeps asking if he could just come over but I am taking the whole no-visitors thing pretty seriously. It doesn't seem worth it to me, she can FaceTime him and it's really just not a big deal. I have younger daughters, one who is asthmatic and one who is immunocompromised, so I don't want anyone coming here or her going there. Now I'm the devil... ugh... this will be a long however many weeks it lasts.
I would tell her to go ahead and do whatever she wants to do, she is legally an adult and she is responsible for her actions. If she chooses to leave then she should pack her stuff and go to see and stay with her boyfriend. But she would NOT be allowed back into my house until this Covid-19 was completely over with.
Your house....... your rules
So you don't go out for food and supplies? I get expecting adult children to follow rules but unless you do the same you are already exposing your family.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

The boyfriend would not be coming and going from my house. You're either IN or you're OUT.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

However, when you do that, you have control over your safety. I had to go to the supermarket yesterday for just a few things that weren’t available at Walmart online. So I planned and got there at 7:30 a.m, opening hours, it was pretty much empty, I didn’t grab a cart, I had a couple of reusable cloth bags with me and I just put the items I was buying in them. The second I got to my car I used antibacterial gel.
Once I got home, I wiped all my purchases with disinfectant and washed and disinfected all my produce. I then disinfected my counters.

So that’s the difference. I trust the measures I’m taking, I can’t trust what others are doing. And people who think spending time with others is more important than a loved one’s health can’t be trusted with proper precautions.
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:21 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm She is home from college and I am not allowing her to see her boyfriend because of the lockdown. She keeps asking if he could just come over but I am taking the whole no-visitors thing pretty seriously. It doesn't seem worth it to me, she can FaceTime him and it's really just not a big deal. I have younger daughters, one who is asthmatic and one who is immunocompromised, so I don't want anyone coming here or her going there. Now I'm the devil... ugh... this will be a long however many weeks it lasts.
I would tell her to go ahead and do whatever she wants to do, she is legally an adult and she is responsible for her actions. If she chooses to leave then she should pack her stuff and go to see and stay with her boyfriend. But she would NOT be allowed back into my house until this Covid-19 was completely over with.
So you don't go out for food and supplies? I get expecting adult children to follow rules but unless you do the same you are already exposing your family.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, and there are things that are necessary, like getting food and goods. We all do have to take that risk because it’s a need. Fooling around with a BF... not a need.
I may take a calculated risk, using all precautions within my reach to get what we need. However, I’m not going out to visit my parents or my friends because that’s not a necessity.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm However, when you do that, you have control over your safety. I had to go to the supermarket yesterday for just a few things that weren’t available at Walmart online. So I planned and got there at 7:30 a.m, opening hours, it was pretty much empty, I didn’t grab a cart, I had a couple of reusable cloth bags with me and I just put the items I was buying in them. The second I got to my car I used antibacterial gel.
Once I got home, I wiped all my purchases with disinfectant and washed and disinfected all my produce. I then disinfected my counters.

So that’s the difference. I trust the measures I’m taking, I can’t trust what others are doing. And people who think spending time with others is more important than a loved one’s health can’t be trusted with proper precautions.
The only thing you just proved to me is you are insane as that doctor I saw on facebook last night washing produce with soap. No matter how much you sanatize you can not gaurantee you wont bring it home to others in your house. Do you disinfect your groceries during flu season as well or is this just paranoia induced behaivor? I hope you at least use a safe methood for washing produce. This guy online was seriously using lysol on fruit that you eat the skin.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:07 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm However, when you do that, you have control over your safety. I had to go to the supermarket yesterday for just a few things that weren’t available at Walmart online. So I planned and got there at 7:30 a.m, opening hours, it was pretty much empty, I didn’t grab a cart, I had a couple of reusable cloth bags with me and I just put the items I was buying in them. The second I got to my car I used antibacterial gel.

The only thing you just proved to me is you are insane as that doctor I saw on facebook last night washing produce with soap. No matter how much you sanatize you can not gaurantee you wont bring it home to others in your house. Do you disinfect your groceries during flu season as well or is this just paranoia induced behaivor? I hope you at least use a safe methood for washing produce. This guy online was seriously using lysol on fruit that you eat the skin.

Every time you take needless chances you are increasing the chances you, someone you love, or a medical professional is going to die from Covid-19. It's a horrible way to die. People who are taking steps to reduce the chances of bringing into their homes are doing the right thing.

You may not respect the lives of others. Don't insult those who do.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, the only thing you’ve showed me is YOUR ignorance by comparing this to the seasonal flu.
So you do you and don’t concern yourself with what I do, okie dokie?
So stay safe. Hopefully...
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:07 pm

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic