I can’t be the only one

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Same, I’ve been working basically for free for a home health company doing all of their marketing (online and off) and updating their site to reflect the covid 19 stuff. I’ve also been doing some more administrative work for him because he had to lay off one of his admin people when she refused to take a pay cut. He cut his prices by a lot to ease the financial burden since a lot of his clients are self pay for the majority, insurance is crap when it comes to home health aides. I’m working for peanuts but it’s giving me a distraction at least and his business is extremely important. They are taking care of the elderly and hospice patients.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:58 pm
12skipafew wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:50 pm My business is practically non existent at the moment because all of my clients had to close down their businesses. I’ve been advertising more since more businesses have been moving to virtual offices but that’s not going well either. I’ve basically changed my pricing to “whatever you can afford.” Don’t expect a lot of updates or upgrades to momconfessions for a while lol
I was working on a project for the wealth management division of an international bank when this all started. There is now nothing for me to do on that project, but I’m desperate to find something else to do just so that I’m not spending half my day reading about covid19!
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I applied and accepted a temp job with the census bureau. I'm working right now but who knows what the future will hold? And that hopefully starts in May.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I wouldnt feel guilty at all because everyone makes their own career choice. If they had a better more secure job they wouldn't be in the position they are in now
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 am I dont feel guilty myself, but like you I dont go out of my way to put my situation out there. I'm getting real sick of all the pyramid scheme morons trying to prey on desperate people though. Cant say how many posts I've seen trying to sucker people into whatever...Rodan and Fields, Young Living, CBD oils. Its gross.
I’ve seen that a lot too! My best friend is a stay at home mom so she wasn’t working before but since her husband was furloughed she started selling color street. It was rough to turn her down but I don’t support MLM.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 pm I applied and accepted a temp job with the census bureau. I'm working right now but who knows what the future will hold? And that hopefully starts in May.
I’m glad you found temp work. It’s not easy for quite a bit.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 pm I applied and accepted a temp job with the census bureau. I'm working right now but who knows what the future will hold? And that hopefully starts in May.
I’m glad you found temp work. It’s not easy for quite a bit.
Assuming the census itself isn't held up with all this crap going on.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Nope don't feel guilty at all that I'm taking care of my family. I'm only taking care of the people living in my home. My parents are over an hour away and can take care of themselves. My in laws are about 10 mins away and we haven't even really talked to them since all this started and they are more than capable of taking care of themselves as well.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

As a teacher, I still get a paycheck. However, as a teacher that paycheck barely covers necessities so I had a second and third job. I no longer have those additional sources of income.
I made that comment to my stepmom and she super guilt tripped me because her hours have been reduced.
So, I just don't mention it at all anymore.
Everyone I personally know is struggling in some way because of this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic