I am NOT attending the mandatory meeting.

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm DD's teacher is setting up a mandatory meeting on Friday from noon-1pm. I will be sleeping at that time. I work nights and things are so unbelievably crazy at work that I'm not missing out on any sleep.

All of us are supposed to sign in on a website called webx or something and attend the meeting from home. I did email the teacher and say I wouldn't be able to attend and she just emailed back telling me it was mandatory and if all of the other parents are going to be there I need to find a way.

Sorry but no. Webx has a way to watch videos after the fact. I know this because it isn't the first time we have used it for school purposes. The reason she wants everyone there live is so that anyone can ask questions. If I have questions I can just ask her it's really not that big of a deal. I doubt I would have questions anyway because the school has sent out a ton of info on the switch to online schooling.

I also think it is BS to have in the middle of the days many people are still working at that time and others are sleeping to work nights.

DD will watch it herself and if the teacher gets mad she is going to have to move on and get over it.
I'd have responded "Lol, it's cute that you think you are the boss of me. I told you that I would not be able to attend and I won't be attending. If you need to discuss something with me, we can do it by phone between X and X hours."
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 am Can't even take an hour for your kid.
Continuing to work and rest is for her kid too. If people don’t work, most times they don’t eat or have homes , if she doesn’t rest because most people don’t fall directly back to sleep her residues down and what if she gets sick?
It's one stinkin hour not an all day crap fest. I used to work nights for 10 hours everyday. All of my kids were 5 and under.
Their grandma watched them at night. Guess who had them during the day?
Yeah me, myself, I. I got 4 hours sleep a day if I were lucky.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

1/10
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Omg get off your ass and be a parent. I work nights too but I sure would be there if the teacher asked
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:01 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 am Can't even take an hour for your kid.
Continuing to work and rest is for her kid too. If people don’t work, most times they don’t eat or have homes , if she doesn’t rest because most people don’t fall directly back to sleep her residues down and what if she gets sick?
It's one stinkin hour not an all day crap fest. I used to work nights for 10 hours everyday. All of my kids were 5 and under.
Their grandma watched them at night. Guess who had them during the day?
Yeah me, myself, I. I got 4 hours sleep a day if I were lucky.
We should all be you
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:11 pm So don't do it. Nothing will happen. Everyone has to make their own provisions during this time and if yours is much needed sleep from night shift so be it.
This. What's she going to do if you miss the meeting, shoot you?
Locked Previous topicNext topic