Not a covid post...

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I live in Ohio. COL is very low. You can get a nice house for 100-150k. There's plenty of nice areas in the country that are also in the boonies if that's what you want. All four seasons here, and while we can get tornados they are few and far between. I wouldn't reccomend Toledo but I've lived here for 32 years and we've had one small tornado in that time that didn't do much damage.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No way in F***ing hell would I move to a red state. Too many damn racists and bigots.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:20 pm No way in F***ing hell would I move to a red state. Too many damn racists and bigots.
Such ridiculousness always comes from you. You need help.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:20 pm No way in F***ing hell would I move to a red state. Too many damn racists and bigots.
Such ridiculousness always comes from you. You need help.
N. Carolina and midwest states are all red states. All of this racist, white supremacist shit is coming from red states. I prefer to live in blue state. You must live in one of those racist red states.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd choose NC, especially western NC, over the midwest any day of the week.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You have so many issues.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You are the biggest racist I've seen in a long time.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I grew up in rural Missouri -- the weather is often described as bipolar -- goes to extremes, can jump 50 degrees in a 24 hour period, sometimes. Winters you see snow & ice. Summers you get hot humidity. But you get to see the beauty of the seasons change. COL where my parents live is low. I feel people are more religious in rural areas, but overall still helpful, nice people.

I live in the Kansas City suburbs now. Our area (prior to current crises, so I suppose this could changed) is rapidly growing and ranked very high in the US for business growth & employment opportunities -- not that you would need a job in retirement. But what is does mean, is that there are MANY restaurants & services to enjoy to serve all the new employees moving to the area. There are tons of walking trails, parks, etc. But no public transportation system, if that is something that you would want and overall Kansas City is sort of spread out, so you'd need a vehicle to go to the airport, the stadiums, the museums, etc. Similar weather obviously, but higher COL, but still cheap compared to the coasts. High sales tax though as families vote to support school district.

If jobs & family roots were irrelevant, I'd prefer a bit of warmer climate. Not a big fan of ice & snow, but kids love it, and it does look beautiful. I suppose if I were retired, it would be fine as I could bunker down and not leave until it melted, lol.

Enjoy planning for the next phase of your life...
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I’m not in the Midwest, but I absolutely love my Connecticut town. We are in a very HCOL area simply because it’s an easy commute to NYC, but there are definitely less expensive towns than mine that are beautiful and friendly!

To give you an idea of why I love it so much - several local restaurant owners are allowing everyone that works in essential services or who has lost a job recently to pick up FREE meals for 2!!
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:35 pm
You have so many issues.
No kidding. The hypocrisy is ripe here. Really ripe.
Locked Previous topicNext topic