My 19 yr old is going to kill me

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t care if someone is 19, 39, 69 or 90. If they’re staying at my home, they follow my rules. If they don’t like those rules, as adults they’re free to leave. Being an adult doesn’t mean you can do what you please in someone else’s home.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Unfortunately, no. That’s not all that’s needed.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:57 pm
Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
My son is only 17, but if he were 18 or older he would not need my permission to leave.

He would, however, need my permission to return.

And that would be a hard NO. He would not be bringing germs back into my house.
Handwashing, laundry, and a shower are all that are needed.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm She is home from college and I am not allowing her to see her boyfriend because of the lockdown. She keeps asking if he could just come over but I am taking the whole no-visitors thing pretty seriously. It doesn't seem worth it to me, she can FaceTime him and it's really just not a big deal. I have younger daughters, one who is asthmatic and one who is immunocompromised, so I don't want anyone coming here or her going there. Now I'm the devil... ugh... this will be a long however many weeks it lasts.
I don't blame you. My daughter's 19. If she wanted to go see her boyfriend then she could stay at her boyfriend's until this thing is over. No one but our immediate family is allowed to come into our house. Now, mine is immunocompromised so she's happy to chat via messenger or whatever.

I'm still required to go to work but I stay in a closed office all day strip my clothes off in the garage before coming in the house to have a shower. And my clothes and the robe I wore to get to the shower are put in the washer before I get in the shower. We're not taking any more chances than we have to.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 am Wow she brought whatever from college and you're ok with it but she can't go see her bf when all you need to do is wash your damn hands and shower! If you're family is so immune compromised then she shouldn't never have been allowed home from college
WOW! You think taking a shower is going to stop the spread. :( :roll:
What part of what the CDC says about washing yourself don't you understand? To avoid an illness wash your damn hands and stop touching your face. The girl is an adult and is old enough to make her own choices. My husband goes to work every day with a compromised immune system and the way he is keeping from getting sick is....OMG washing himself. Not that hard to understand
Handwashing HELPS prevent the spread. Soap isn't some kind of magic shield. The virus can live in the air for 3 hours if a person coughs. By hand washing and staying apart from other people we are lessening our exposure to the virus, not escaping it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My kid is home too. And she asked if she could invite someone over last week. I had to explain what 'social isolation' meant.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:46 pm I don’t care if someone is 19, 39, 69 or 90. If they’re staying at my home, they follow my rules. If they don’t like those rules, as adults they’re free to leave. Being an adult doesn’t mean you can do what you please in someone else’s home.
Absolutely agree with you!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 am Wow she brought whatever from college and you're ok with it but she can't go see her bf when all you need to do is wash your damn hands and shower! If you're family is so immune compromised then she shouldn't never have been allowed home from college
Oh gosh... this virus is really bringing out the stupid.

First point: school and work are essential so there's no way to get around that. It's very different than a for-fun, unnecessary visit. I'm not taking any chances, especially needless ones.

Second: my daughter has been home from college for more than two weeks at this point, which is the incubation period, so if she did contract something there, we'd have known by now. Were she to keep going out, the two-week period would restart every time she left the house.

Third: her college required that all students leave housing unless they were international students and had no permanent residence they could go back to. So your suggestion is to not allow her to come home? Should she sleep on the street then?

You sound like a wackjob.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:13 pm
Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 am

WOW! You think taking a shower is going to stop the spread. :( :roll:
What part of what the CDC says about washing yourself don't you understand? To avoid an illness wash your damn hands and stop touching your face. The girl is an adult and is old enough to make her own choices. My husband goes to work every day with a compromised immune system and the way he is keeping from getting sick is....OMG washing himself. Not that hard to understand
Handwashing HELPS prevent the spread. Soap isn't some kind of magic shield. The virus can live in the air for 3 hours if a person coughs. By hand washing and staying apart from other people we are lessening our exposure to the virus, not escaping it.
It's truly unbelievable and sad how many people are misinformed about the virus.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That reminded me of the idiot who called me a hypocrite for criticizing her unnecessary contact with others by throwing a dinner party with friends when I’m having “unnecessary” contact with my family. Seriously? We all live in the same house, how is contact with each other “unnecessary”? Did she really expect me to throw my 13 year old out to avoid contact? 😂But this was an idiot who can’t tell the difference between “can” and “should”...

I also had to bring my son from school, he’s studying HS in the US and we’re in Mexico. Once it became obvious that international travel may be affected soon, the school allowed all international students to go home and take classes online. By now the school is closed, so everyone is doing online classes. I knew there was a risk by bringing him over, but it was the best thing to do and really that’s all any of us can do- our best. We’ll make mistakes, we’ll fall short, but it’s our best and that’s all we can do.

The people who aren’t doing their best, like dinner-party troll, those are the people who deserve a beating 😁
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:50 pm
Oh gosh... this virus is really bringing out the stupid.

First point: school and work are essential so there's no way to get around that. It's very different than a for-fun, unnecessary visit. I'm not taking any chances, especially needless ones.

Second: my daughter has been home from college for more than two weeks at this point, which is the incubation period, so if she did contract something there, we'd have known by now. Were she to keep going out, the two-week period would restart every time she left the house.

Third: her college required that all students leave housing unless they were international students and had no permanent residence they could go back to. So your suggestion is to not allow her to come home? Should she sleep on the street then?

You sound like a wackjob.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:49 pm Unfortunately, no. That’s not all that’s needed.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:57 pm
Handwashing, laundry, and a shower are all that are needed.
Yes it is. I wouldn't expect some uneducated woman from a third world country to understand.

That's the type of comment I'd expect from an ignorant troll.
Locked Previous topicNext topic