I feel a bit like a jerk

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's true, although I usually opt for self-checkout even before all of this started.
Smarties wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 am I'm sure workers would rather be making deliveries than working with customers directly face to face.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks for your response. 🙂
It really made me feel a bit better!
Lotus wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 am Showing empathy and compassion for the world around you and the self-checking of one's character is typically not characteristics I associate with being a jerk. Very glad you got some resources to hold you over.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks. I'm sure I'll look over it again and make sure it's not unreasonable. I just don't want to lean so far on the "reasonable" side that we end up going without either!
californiagirl83 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:11 am I can understand feeling guilty. But you aren't a jerk. You needed the supplies, and you found them and got them.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

You're not a jerk. You're taking care of your family like you're supposed to do. Even low risk people can get the virus and end up in the hospital. Delivery is the smart thing to do.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 am That's true, although I usually opt for self-checkout even before all of this started.
Smarties wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 am I'm sure workers would rather be making deliveries than working with customers directly face to face.

I just think the less people in the store itself, the better. And the employees probably feel the same. The last time I was at the store there were tons of people and some of the employees had masks and gloves and seemed nervous about being there. I'm sure they'd prefer more people switched to delivery! And perhaps more employees could be shifted to doing that instead of stocking shelves and mingling with customers.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 am Showing empathy and compassion for the world around you and the self-checking of one's character is typically not characteristics I associate with being a jerk. Very glad you got some resources to hold you over.
^^^This and a couple additions.

You bought a week and 1 extra meal worth of groceries, not a years supply.

Low risk only means you’re at low risk of complications or mortality from the disease. It doesn’t mean your low risk of getting or spreading it. So as someone who is classified as high risk, but I have a job that can not be done remotely, I appreciate you utilizing this service to help your local economy, provide for your family, and limit the possibility of contracting and spreading. Don’t sweat this peaches, you’re all good:)
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why would you be a jerk for ordering groceries? I wish we lived somewhere where we could get delivery.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 am That's true, although I usually opt for self-checkout even before all of this started.
I have been avoiding the self checkouts since this started. Too many people are touching that screen and leaning against the machine prior to it getting cleaned.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You are allowed to take care of yourself and your family just like everyone else. We have been doing deliveries and pick up at grocery stores. We can't find certain items but we keep trying.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You're not a jerk. Sometimes you have to buy it online just to make sure you get it. And driving a long distance to a store that doesn't have what you need is frustrating.

Locked Previous topicNext topic