I am NOT attending the mandatory meeting.

leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What time do you get off?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

One would think that the school would have thought to do exactly as you suggested...because you're right. There will certainly be many parents who may not be available at the exact hour of the podcast (or whatever they are calling it).
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:21 am I'd email the teacher and just explain the situation and respectfully ask her to make sure it's recorded and to please send you the link after and you'll watch on your day off.

You can't possibly be the only one who can't stop midday and be on a webinar for an hour. Those that are still working are likely not going to jeopardize their job at this point by checking out in the middle of the day for a webinar.

Good luck!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Boohoo. Is your life so boring this is all you have to complain about? ffs
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:17 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm DD's teacher is setting up a mandatory meeting on Friday from noon-1pm. I will be sleeping at that time. I work nights and things are so unbelievably crazy at work that I'm not missing out on any sleep.

All of us are supposed to sign in on a website called webx or something and attend the meeting from home. I did email the teacher and say I wouldn't be able to attend and she just emailed back telling me it was mandatory and if all of the other parents are going to be there I need to find a way.

Sorry but no. Webx has a way to watch videos after the fact. I know this because it isn't the first time we have used it for school purposes. The reason she wants everyone there live is so that anyone can ask questions. If I have questions I can just ask her it's really not that big of a deal. I doubt I would have questions anyway because the school has sent out a ton of info on the switch to online schooling.

I also think it is BS to have in the middle of the days many people are still working at that time and others are sleeping to work nights.

DD will watch it herself and if the teacher gets mad she is going to have to move on and get over it.
Of course you aren't, excuses excuses
Next troll post......they F***ing failed my kid because I bucked the system just to be an ass, lol
Any teacher with the nerve and stupidity to do this needs to be fired immediately and never again allowed to work in a school. Messing with a child's future because a teacher is on a power trip is unacceptable. People work day and night still and she can send an email or a link to the session.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 am What time do you get off?
7:30-8:30 depending on the day. I come home shower and go to bed. If it was earlier in the morning or later at night it would be easier.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aren't you just a rebellious bad-ass! Go girl...
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:29 am
leadfoot40 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 am What time do you get off?
7:30-8:30 depending on the day. I come home shower and go to bed. If it was earlier in the morning or later at night it would be

Oh...hhmm.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:17 am And yet it seems all of them were willing to make a little sacrifice to be there for their children. Maybe you should too?
The teacher is probably providing this one space for parents to ask their questions so that she doesn’t end up with 10 individuals pestering her with questions- most probably asking the same ones she’ll have to answer individually- that she has to address. So if you refuse to attend, you better not have any questions for her later on. She’s giving you this opportunity, you choose to not take it, that’s on you.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm DD's teacher is setting up a mandatory meeting on Friday from noon-1pm. I will be sleeping at that time. I work nights and things are so unbelievably crazy at work that I'm not missing out on any sleep.

All of us are supposed to sign in on a website called webx or something and attend the meeting from home. I did email the teacher and say I wouldn't be able to attend and she just emailed back telling me it was mandatory and if all of the other parents are going to be there I need to find a way.

Sorry but no. Webx has a way to watch videos after the fact. I know this because it isn't the first time we have used it for school purposes. The reason she wants everyone there live is so that anyone can ask questions. If I have questions I can just ask her it's really not that big of a deal. I doubt I would have questions anyway because the school has sent out a ton of info on the switch to online schooling.

I also think it is BS to have in the middle of the days many people are still working at that time and others are sleeping to work nights.

DD will watch it herself and if the teacher gets mad she is going to have to move on and get over it.
If you're kids teacher told you she wanted to have a mandatory meeting at midnight would you drag yourself out of bed to attend? For someone who works nights noon is their midnight.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Can't even take an hour for your kid.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 am Can't even take an hour for your kid.
Continuing to work and rest is for her kid too. If people don’t work, most times they don’t eat or have homes , if she doesn’t rest because most people don’t fall directly back to sleep her residues down and what if she gets sick?
Locked Previous topicNext topic