I wonder if the hoarders...

iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:08 am
iluv2meow wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 am
Lotus wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 am This would be a nice time to show kindness. We are all in a world of hurt here.
Hoarding supplies is t kindness
And judging others isn't either. You have no idea what people are doing. They could be donating to neighbors, family, hospitals... Or they can be sitting on a throne made of it - who the f**k cares? They had the ability and forethought to buy the hot items and stock up.
Obviously, I'm not talking about the assholes who bought to sell to make a profit. There's a special level of hell for them.
I havent seen many donating their stock. There are alot of elder and disabled people without. But ya know compassion and being rational isnt what is important right now. Greed and panic is.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If anything, this needs to be a reminder to have some extra, whatever can be afforded, put away in case of job loss, disease, trucks not bringing merchandise to stores, whatever. Hell, I was doing that when we lived paycheck to paycheck. It takes effort and sacrifice but it can be done.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 am
Lotus wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 am This would be a nice time to show kindness. We are all in a world of hurt here.
Hello, my comment had zero to do with your thoughts, it was geared towards the tone of a response, but, to your question, is hoarding kindness?
No, its either mental illness OR fear-driven. I assume if you are new to hoarding, its fear-driven in response to our governments' continued mishandling and chaos going on in the world around us.
If people would take control of their behavior the government wouldnt have to intervene. The hoarders are only a small fraction of the problem. Its pretty clear that there is a minority of thoughtless people in the country.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

*I* don’t think most people are hoarding. What I have noticed is most people stocked up for less exposure and longer times at home, stores weren’t stocked for that.

Preppers aren’t the problem, the whole point of a prepper is that they are prepared. That’s the whole point.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think they’re are people who hoarded, but I don’t think they are the problem.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And judging others isn't either. You have no idea what people are doing. They could be donating to neighbors, family, hospitals... Or they can be sitting on a throne made of it - who the f**k cares? They had the ability and forethought to buy the hot items and stock up.
Obviously, I'm not talking about the assholes who bought to sell to make a profit. There's a special level of hell for them.
There is a reason stores are now placing limits on the high demand items. Sorry but I am happy they have. I am not going out and buying beef reason is we purchased 1/3 of a cow in September and I still have a crap load of beef. I do not need is so I am letting the people who need it purchase it. I saw a lady the other week with three carts of groceries she then started to complain when the cashier told her there were limits on certain items and she would not be able to purchase them. She had boxes and boxes of beans which had a limit of 2. People know these items are in high demand they need to stop clearing the shelves of them, if there are only two left fine, but when the store just stocks the item and there is a bunch of them, leave some for other people.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

There is a WORLD of difference between stocking up for your own family's needs and taking FAR MORE than you need because you're selfish and greedy. The stores should have caught what was going on and put limits on things right away but since they didn't I hope they get smart and refuse to allow returns after the fact. Let the greedy @ssholes drown in their hoarded TP.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 am

Hello, my comment had zero to do with your thoughts, it was geared towards the tone of a response, but, to your question, is hoarding kindness?
No, its either mental illness OR fear-driven. I assume if you are new to hoarding, its fear-driven in response to our governments' continued mishandling and chaos going on in the world around us.
If people would take control of their behavior the government wouldnt have to intervene. The hoarders are only a small fraction of the problem. Its pretty clear that there is a minority of thoughtless people in the country.
I listen to my girlfriend who works at WHO. She told me back in Jan that this was going to be a pandemic. Had I listen to the disjointed, and flat out lies that came out of the administration because I didn't know better I too might find myself caught off guard.
Well, no, probably not because I believe in science.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 am

I listen to my girlfriend who works at WHO. She told me back in Jan that this was going to be a pandemic. Had I listen to the disjointed, and flat out lies that came out of the administration because I didn't know better I too might find myself caught off guard.
Well, no, probably not because I believe in science.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve always been prepared.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The people who bought tons so they could sell for high prices to people in fear are the real problem.

The people who got scared and bought 5 dozen rolls are not.

In any case supplies in stores are starting to be restored.

What is the point of this post besides to feel like you're better than someone else?
Locked Previous topicNext topic