COVID-19 a blessing or curse?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

On FB, people are saying that this pandemic is a blessing because the world is over populated and this is natures way of putting everything in balance.

Other are saying its a curse and possibly biological warfare started by the South Koreans to kill as many Americans as possible even sacrificing their own to do it.

Thoughts?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

South Koreans?
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A, it began in China. B, what?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:40 amSouth Koreans?
That’s what I was wondering. If she meant North Korea why would they start it in China
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I've seen every theory under the sun on Facebook- China, Russia, North Korea, South Korea, Rebublicans, Democrats, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, dogs, Thanos...
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I wouldn't call it a blessing or a curse. It's awful, no doubt, but I think it's severely overestimated, (I'm hoping this proves true).

Conspiracy theories always amuse me. I've read so many that were obviously by people who either forget the US isn't the only country in existence, or don't realise this is a worldwide issue; "It was the government!". At least this one acknowledges other countries exist. 😂
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:54 am On FB, people are saying that this pandemic is a blessing because the world is over populated and this is natures way of putting everything in balance.

Other are saying its a curse and possibly biological warfare started by the South Koreans to kill as many Americans as possible even sacrificing their own to do it.

Thoughts?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't buy into conspiracy theories at all. But there is one thing that NASA and other scientific organization have seen, that with the lack of industrial production in China, the atmosphere has cleared-up considerably and dolphins and swans are starting to return to the canals in Italy. Also, right here in North America, the immediate decline of air pollution is being noted.

So while not good for people, COVID-19 seems to be good for the planet.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't see a blessing in this. People scared of the virus, people scared of others for fear of getting it, people scared be about working or not working, money, housing, food, school. It's hard on many people right now.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am I don't buy into conspiracy theories at all. But there is one thing that NASA and other scientific organization have seen, that with the lack of industrial production in China, the atmosphere has cleared-up considerably and dolphins and swans are starting to return to the canals in Italy. Also, right here in North America, the immediate decline of air pollution is being noted.

So while not good for people, COVID-19 seems to be good for the planet.
Fun fact, well not really fun, pollution doesn’t know or respect man made boundaries like borders. With air and water currents, it’s not uncommon for a significant percentage of pollution in one area to have particulates from another.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t think it’s a blessing or curse. It’s nature. Not nature’s way of returning balance from overpopulation, death rates would be significantly higher if that was the case. Viruses and bacteria are living organisms. Living organisms mutate and evolve. SARS CoV 2 is a 96% genetic match to a coronavirus found common with bats and 99% genetic match to a coronavirus found in pangolins. This isn’t uncommon.
Locked Previous topicNext topic