I am NOT attending the mandatory meeting.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sacrificing my time is something I'm willing to do. Sacrificing my sleep is not. I need every second I can get. So do the people I care for.

If she answers all the questions I have then I won't need to email her. I doubt I will have a question anyway. I've been doing the same stuff for my other kids and DD for days now with no problem. It is pretty straight forward and if DD has questions she can ask.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:17 am And yet it seems all of them were willing to make a little sacrifice to be there for their children. Maybe you should too?
The teacher is probably providing this one space for parents to ask their questions so that she doesn’t end up with 10 individuals pestering her with questions- most probably asking the same ones she’ll have to answer individually- that she has to address. So if you refuse to attend, you better not have any questions for her later on. She’s giving you this opportunity, you choose to not take it, that’s on you.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm DD's teacher is setting up a mandatory meeting on Friday from noon-1pm. I will be sleeping at that time. I work nights and things are so unbelievably crazy at work that I'm not missing out on any sleep.

All of us are supposed to sign in on a website called webx or something and attend the meeting from home. I did email the teacher and say I wouldn't be able to attend and she just emailed back telling me it was mandatory and if all of the other parents are going to be there I need to find a way.

Sorry but no. Webx has a way to watch videos after the fact. I know this because it isn't the first time we have used it for school purposes. The reason she wants everyone there live is so that anyone can ask questions. If I have questions I can just ask her it's really not that big of a deal. I doubt I would have questions anyway because the school has sent out a ton of info on the switch to online schooling.

I also think it is BS to have in the middle of the days many people are still working at that time and others are sleeping to work nights.

DD will watch it herself and if the teacher gets mad she is going to have to move on and get over it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:21 am I'd email the teacher and just explain the situation and respectfully ask her to make sure it's recorded and to please send you the link after and you'll watch on your day off.

You can't possibly be the only one who can't stop midday and be on a webinar for an hour. Those that are still working are likely not going to jeopardize their job at this point by checking out in the middle of the day for a webinar.

Good luck!
I explained the situation. She didn't care.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:17 am And yet it seems all of them were willing to make a little sacrifice to be there for their children. Maybe you should too?
The teacher is probably providing this one space for parents to ask their questions so that she doesn’t end up with 10 individuals pestering her with questions- most probably asking the same ones she’ll have to answer individually- that she has to address. So if you refuse to attend, you better not have any questions for her later on. She’s giving you this opportunity, you choose to not take it, that’s on you.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm DD's teacher is setting up a mandatory meeting on Friday from noon-1pm. I will be sleeping at that time. I work nights and things are so unbelievably crazy at work that I'm not missing out on any sleep.

All of us are supposed to sign in on a website called webx or something and attend the meeting from home. I did email the teacher and say I wouldn't be able to attend and she just emailed back telling me it was mandatory and if all of the other parents are going to be there I need to find a way.

Sorry but no. Webx has a way to watch videos after the fact. I know this because it isn't the first time we have used it for school purposes. The reason she wants everyone there live is so that anyone can ask questions. If I have questions I can just ask her it's really not that big of a deal. I doubt I would have questions anyway because the school has sent out a ton of info on the switch to online schooling.

I also think it is BS to have in the middle of the days many people are still working at that time and others are sleeping to work nights.

DD will watch it herself and if the teacher gets mad she is going to have to move on and get over it.
She is probably not the only parent that can’t attend. There are lots of people still working
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:59 am

She is probably not the only parent that can’t attend. There are lots of people still working
Exactly. And with everything going on, they are probably grateful to be still working and not going to risk ticking off the boss by jumping on a webinar on the middle of the day.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah, I mean I would be able to attend, but Heath? Please.. he works from home all the time already. That means he spends his day on conference calls and video calls in between all of his other work. He would tell the teacher to kick rocks as his boss ( the guy just under the CEO) would not be happy if he stopped work for that. The teacher should not have scheduled it in the middle of the work day as so many people *are* still working during that time..or in the case of medical personnel- they are taking those precious minutes to sleep and recharge as they are busting their tails right now. It is ridiculous to make it mandatory.

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 am

Exactly. And with everything going on, they are probably grateful to be still working and not going to risk ticking off the boss by jumping on a webinar on the middle of the day.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:36 am Yeah, I mean I would be able to attend, but Heath? Please.. he works from home all the time already. That means he spends his day on conference calls and video calls in between all of his other work. He would tell the teacher to kick rocks as his boss ( the guy just under the CEO) would not be happy if he stopped work for that. The teacher should not have scheduled it in the middle of the work day as so many people *are* still working during that time..or in the case of medical personnel- they are taking those precious minutes to sleep and recharge as they are busting their tails right now. It is ridiculous to make it mandatory.

Exactly. A couple of my girlfriends still work for the insurance carrier that I left. They are in a call center type of environment now on the care management side where they have to log in, calls feed directly to them on a continuous basis, and the manager can see if you log out for a time. They've been known to be questioned about bathroom breaks. There's no way one of them could just pause their line in the middle of the work day and sneak on a webinar. They'd be getting an instant message from their manager within 5 minutes asking why they're not in cue and demanding they rejoin.

Glad to hear Heath is still working! Hope you, Lily and Carly are all good! :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yup...a teacher sets up a mandatory meeting...that happens all the time! I wish I had their email addresses so we could get 100% participation in our zoom classes! Mandatory...hahahaha
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He is in network security so he is definitely still working. He writes policies for companies and helps them maintain their security so they are not hacked..He has been doing this kind of work since he was in the USAF in the 90's. Now, he just does it for the private sector.
Our lives have not changed a whole lot- the girls are still doing schoolwork daily as we have homeschooled for 6 years now. Lilly is already up and on her computer working. I'll go open Karli's door in a minute when I go get more coffee so she'll get up and start too. They both have exams this week so my brain is full from helping them study. The only changes are karate is via zoom and so is youth group.

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 am
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:36 am Yeah, I mean I would be able to attend, but Heath? Please.. he works from home all the time already. That means he spends his day on conference calls and video calls in between all of his other work. He would tell the teacher to kick rocks as his boss ( the guy just under the CEO) would not be happy if he stopped work for that. The teacher should not have scheduled it in the middle of the work day as so many people *are* still working during that time..or in the case of medical personnel- they are taking those precious minutes to sleep and recharge as they are busting their tails right now. It is ridiculous to make it mandatory.

Exactly. A couple of my girlfriends still work for the insurance carrier that I left. They are in a call center type of environment now on the care management side where they have to log in, calls feed directly to them on a continuous basis, and the manager can see if you log out for a time. They've been known to be questioned about bathroom breaks. There's no way one of them could just pause their line in the middle of the work day and sneak on a webinar. They'd be getting an instant message from their manager within 5 minutes asking why they're not in cue and demanding they rejoin.

Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:01 am He is in network security so he is definitely still working. He writes policies for companies and helps them maintain their security so they are not hacked..He has been doing this kind of work since he was in the USAF in the 90's. Now, he just does it for the private sector.
Our lives have not changed a whole lot- the girls are still doing schoolwork daily as we have homeschooled for 6 years now. Lilly is already up and on her computer working. I'll go open Karli's door in a minute when I go get more coffee so she'll get up and start too. They both have exams this week so my brain is full from helping them study. The only changes are karate is via zoom and so is youth group.

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 am

Yes he definitely sounds like he's in a great spot!

That's pretty cool that they're figured out how to still keep the girls engaged in their activities remotely! Very nice!

I was reading a post on here about some girls doing a virtual slumber party. We did a virtual gender reveal party last week. It's amazing how creative we can become!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

How old is your daughter? If shes old enough to sign into an online conference while you're sleeping, just dont say anything at all. Turn the camera off and let her attend the conference with a muted mike. You watch later. No need to tell the teacher either way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic