I am NOT attending the mandatory meeting.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DD's teacher is setting up a mandatory meeting on Friday from noon-1pm. I will be sleeping at that time. I work nights and things are so unbelievably crazy at work that I'm not missing out on any sleep.

All of us are supposed to sign in on a website called webx or something and attend the meeting from home. I did email the teacher and say I wouldn't be able to attend and she just emailed back telling me it was mandatory and if all of the other parents are going to be there I need to find a way.

Sorry but no. Webx has a way to watch videos after the fact. I know this because it isn't the first time we have used it for school purposes. The reason she wants everyone there live is so that anyone can ask questions. If I have questions I can just ask her it's really not that big of a deal. I doubt I would have questions anyway because the school has sent out a ton of info on the switch to online schooling.

I also think it is BS to have in the middle of the days many people are still working at that time and others are sleeping to work nights.

DD will watch it herself and if the teacher gets mad she is going to have to move on and get over it.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I think things go so smoothly when people refuse to cooperate. How frustrating.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

So don't do it. Nothing will happen. Everyone has to make their own provisions during this time and if yours is much needed sleep from night shift so be it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm DD's teacher is setting up a mandatory meeting on Friday from noon-1pm. I will be sleeping at that time. I work nights and things are so unbelievably crazy at work that I'm not missing out on any sleep.

All of us are supposed to sign in on a website called webx or something and attend the meeting from home. I did email the teacher and say I wouldn't be able to attend and she just emailed back telling me it was mandatory and if all of the other parents are going to be there I need to find a way.

Sorry but no. Webx has a way to watch videos after the fact. I know this because it isn't the first time we have used it for school purposes. The reason she wants everyone there live is so that anyone can ask questions. If I have questions I can just ask her it's really not that big of a deal. I doubt I would have questions anyway because the school has sent out a ton of info on the switch to online schooling.

I also think it is BS to have in the middle of the days many people are still working at that time and others are sleeping to work nights.

DD will watch it herself and if the teacher gets mad she is going to have to move on and get over it.
Of course you aren't, excuses excuses
Next troll post......they F***ing failed my kid because I bucked the system just to be an ass, lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:17 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 pm DD's teacher is setting up a mandatory meeting on Friday from noon-1pm. I will be sleeping at that time. I work nights and things are so unbelievably crazy at work that I'm not missing out on any sleep.

Next troll post......they F***ing failed my kid because I bucked the system just to be an ass, lol
They can't fail my kid over this. One teacher does not make the decision to fail a kid at the school.

How is sleeping for work an excuse?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:17 pm

What if she was .working during that time?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

12.5 hour days
Neighbor who gets upset because you vacuum at night
Sleeping in a tent

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And yet it seems all of them were willing to make a little sacrifice to be there for their children. Maybe you should too?
The teacher is probably providing this one space for parents to ask their questions so that she doesn’t end up with 10 individuals pestering her with questions- most probably asking the same ones she’ll have to answer individually- that she has to address. So if you refuse to attend, you better not have any questions for her later on. She’s giving you this opportunity, you choose to not take it, that’s on you.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd email the teacher and just explain the situation and respectfully ask her to make sure it's recorded and to please send you the link after and you'll watch on your day off.

You can't possibly be the only one who can't stop midday and be on a webinar for an hour. Those that are still working are likely not going to jeopardize their job at this point by checking out in the middle of the day for a webinar.

Good luck!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am 12.5 hour days
Neighbor who gets upset because you vacuum at night
Sleeping in a tent

What? I don't live in a tent and I don't vacuum at night.
Locked Previous topicNext topic