My 19 yr old is going to kill me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:03 pm I'm the one mostly leaving the house. I'm working. If you've got an immunosuppressed kid I could see it. But I see her point too.
Right. I see a few replies saying if she sees her boyfriend she would NOT be allowed back in the house. My DH goes to work every day near lots of people. Should I NOT allow him back into the house after work each day?
Work is essential. Our state has advised to avoid all non-essential going out and contact with others.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:17 pm
Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:08 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:57 pm
Handwashing, laundry, and a shower are all that are needed.
Not if he's already become infected/a carrier.

Nope.
She is just as likely to be infected/a carrier as he is.
We have been self-isolating for almost the duration of the incubation period at this point.
Ivegotrhythm
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:18 pm
Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Right. I see a few replies saying if she sees her boyfriend she would NOT be allowed back in the house. My DH goes to work every day near lots of people. Should I NOT allow him back into the house after work each day?
I see where you're coming from.

As it happens we were at my parents house for my son's birthday when everything shut down. So we decided to hole up here for the duration.

They are 85.

So that's where I'm coming from.

I've never been a germophobe in my life but I am now.
And I see where you are coming from if nobody in your house is leaving at all. But is somebody is leaving (work) then really how safe can me and the kids be just because we are in? People have to do the best they can . I mean what else can we do.
You're right, just the best we can.

I never thought I could want to go grocery shopping so bad!
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:24 pm
Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 pm

I see where you're coming from.

As it happens we were at my parents house for my son's birthday when everything shut down. So we decided to hole up here for the duration.

They are 85.

So that's where I'm coming from.

I've never been a germophobe in my life but I am now.
And I see where you are coming from if nobody in your house is leaving at all. But is somebody is leaving (work) then really how safe can me and the kids be just because we are in? People have to do the best they can . I mean what else can we do.

Me too! I am going out grocery shopping early Friday morning. I have to. My Nana is 84 and is not leaving her home and needs things. I’ll get in and get out!
Ivegotrhythm
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:17 pm
Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:08 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:57 pm
Handwashing, laundry, and a shower are all that are needed.
Not if he's already become infected/a carrier.

Nope.
She is just as likely to be infected/a carrier as he is.
Given that the scenario I introduced was about my son only, there is no "she."
Deleted User 1476

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
Anon 2 filling the usual needless-drama, uncalled-for opinion spot.
Ivegotrhythm
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 pm

Me too! I am going out grocery shopping early Friday morning. I have to. My Nana is 84 and is not leaving her home and needs things. I’ll get in and get out!
I've been tossing the idea around.

Here's the thing: we are out of ferret food ( they eat Kitten Chow).

I have a choice. I can either make an hour round trip to a drive thru feed store and be exposing to almost no one. Or I can drive 5 minutes to Kroger and pick up some milk, bread, and some fresh stuff to make meals less boring. And some snacks.

I keep going back and forth because I don't want to expose my parents to anything.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:35 pm

I have a choice. I can either make an hour round trip to a drive thru feed store and be exposing to almost no one. Or I can drive 5 minutes to Kroger and pick up some milk, bread, and some fresh stuff to make meals less boring. And some snacks.

I keep going back and forth because I don't want to expose my parents to anything.
Take the hour drive. Window down, fresh air, just you singing along to the radio. Sounds like a great way to kill some time!
Ivegotrhythm
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:50 pm
Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:35 pm

Take the hour drive. Window down, fresh air, just you singing along to the radio. Sounds like a great way to kill some time!
I think that's our best bet!

My son can dj, we can crank the music and get out of the house!

Okay, that's sounding better and better!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
when they live you, yes they do. my dd is 20. got mad because I told her she wasnt going anywhere until her room was clean. she said you are treating me like a child. I said you want to be treated like an adult act like one
Locked Previous topicNext topic