My 19 yr old is going to kill me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

She is home from college and I am not allowing her to see her boyfriend because of the lockdown. She keeps asking if he could just come over but I am taking the whole no-visitors thing pretty seriously. It doesn't seem worth it to me, she can FaceTime him and it's really just not a big deal. I have younger daughters, one who is asthmatic and one who is immunocompromised, so I don't want anyone coming here or her going there. Now I'm the devil... ugh... this will be a long however many weeks it lasts.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm She is home from college and I am not allowing her to see her boyfriend because of the lockdown. She keeps asking if he could just come over but I am taking the whole no-visitors thing pretty seriously. It doesn't seem worth it to me, she can FaceTime him and it's really just not a big deal. I have younger daughters, one who is asthmatic and one who is immunocompromised, so I don't want anyone coming here or her going there. Now I'm the devil... ugh... this will be a long however many weeks it lasts.
I've given up with my 19yo son (home from college also) He keeps hanging with his friend Matt fishing and playing soccer. Matt's parents have been home quarantining and so have we. Everyone is remaining healthy so whatever at this point.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
She lives in my house still, I pay for everything she has so... yep. Not to mention these are unprecedented times, I'm not saying no for no reason, it's for the health and safety of my children but ok. The point clearly went right over your head. Go find somewhere else to troll.
Ivegotrhythm
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
My son is only 17, but if he were 18 or older he would not need my permission to leave.

He would, however, need my permission to return.

And that would be a hard NO. He would not be bringing germs back into my house.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is rough for anyone. I was so stubborn and so in love at 19. I probably would have started living in my car at that age.

Good luck to you both!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Not sad. Logical. When momma is paying the bills, momma makes the rules. You want independence, become independent.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 pm
My son is only 17, but if he were 18 or older he would not need my permission to leave.

He would, however, need my permission to return.

And that would be a hard NO. He would not be bringing germs back into my house.
Handwashing, laundry, and a shower are all that are needed.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Let her live in the garage.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm She is home from college and I am not allowing her to see her boyfriend because of the lockdown. She keeps asking if he could just come over but I am taking the whole no-visitors thing pretty seriously. It doesn't seem worth it to me, she can FaceTime him and it's really just not a big deal. I have younger daughters, one who is asthmatic and one who is immunocompromised, so I don't want anyone coming here or her going there. Now I'm the devil... ugh... this will be a long however many weeks it lasts.
I would tell her to go ahead and do whatever she wants to do, she is legally an adult and she is responsible for her actions. If she chooses to leave then she should pack her stuff and go to see and stay with her boyfriend. But she would NOT be allowed back into my house until this Covid-19 was completely over with.
Your house....... your rules
Locked Previous topicNext topic