I don't know if I still have a job or not

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm
Emmasmom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 pm Well if you have a cough I can understand their concern. You can say you have had it all you life until your blue in the face, it doesnt change their worry and they have no reason to believe you.
if they would tell me that I would understand. they are not telling me anything at all. I also have no symptom, no fever, no dry cough, no running nose.. no other symptoms.
There are no symptoms where the infected doesnt have the usual symptoms. The virus is changing. It's pretty scary.
I wish they would tell me they want me to stay home for a couple of day to make sure I'm not sick. right now. I don't know what is going on.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:55 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm If your 65 year old mother has COPD and asthma she really shouldn't be going out to the store. I hope you all stay safe!
she is a diabetic and has an injury on her foot that she had to keep bandaids on which is why she was at the dollar general. she tries to not go out much but sometimes it is unavoidable.
You couldn't get bandaids for her? Copd and diabetes, come on now. Or maybe she's as psychotic as my own mother who is under the belief this is all fake.

Sorry about your job.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Maybe when they said "assessment," they meant test...as in the covid-19 test.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:30 pm I started a new job last week. it is in an assist living facility. I worked last Tuesday- Saturday. off Sunday through Wednesday. I was supposed to go back tomorrow and work 6 days.

They called me today and told me there has been a change in the schedule to not come into work the rest of the week and to up there next week for an assessment. I said when. they said preferably early next week. I said do I still have a job. she said just come next week for the assessment.

I don't know what is going on. I am still in training. I haven't even worked on my own. any yet. all of the patients seem to like me. they all said they hope I stay .

I am wondering though, if the virus may be the reason. I have post nasal drip. so stuff drains into my throat and it makes me cough. I've had this issues my entire life.. my dd has it too. I wonder if maybe someone heard me cough and may think I have the virus. i don't have it. I am perfectly healthy. I can't think of any other reason why they would take me off the schedule and tell me to come in next week for an assessment. it has had me worried, I've applying for jobs on indeed all day.

this stupid ass virus has caused people to lose their minds. some bitch at the store today cussed my 65 year old mom out for coughing. she doesn't have the virus, she had COPD and asthma .
Anonymous 4

Unread post

PS: No 65 year old diabetic with COPD should be going out in public at this time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:55 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm If your 65 year old mother has COPD and asthma she really shouldn't be going out to the store. I hope you all stay safe!
she is a diabetic and has an injury on her foot that she had to keep bandaids on which is why she was at the dollar general. she tries to not go out much but sometimes it is unavoidable.
You couldn't get bandaids for her? Copd and diabetes, come on now. Or maybe she's as psychotic as my own mother who is under the belief this is all fake.

Sorry about your job.
I dont live by her. I am about 45 minutes away . she does have diabetes, COPD AND a ton of other health problems. but she still has stuff to do. we all know this is real but we still have stuff we need to do. if she doesn't keep that spot on her foot clean if can get reinfection like it did before..
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 pm PS: No 65 year old diabetic with COPD should be going out in public at this time.
she shouldn't but she has too. I live 45 minutes away, one of my brothers in out of state and the other is in the hospital and she is widowed. she need stuff and has doctor appointments to attend as well.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:30 pm I started a new job last week. it is in an assist living facility. I worked last Tuesday- Saturday. off Sunday through Wednesday. I was supposed to go back tomorrow and work 6 days.

They called me today and told me there has been a change in the schedule to not come into work the rest of the week and to up there next week for an assessment. I said when. they said preferably early next week. I said do I still have a job. she said just come next week for the assessment.

I don't know what is going on. I am still in training. I haven't even worked on my own. any yet. all of the patients seem to like me. they all said they hope I stay .

I am wondering though, if the virus may be the reason. I have post nasal drip. so stuff drains into my throat and it makes me cough. I've had this issues my entire life.. my dd has it too. I wonder if maybe someone heard me cough and may think I have the virus. i don't have it. I am perfectly healthy. I can't think of any other reason why they would take me off the schedule and tell me to come in next week for an assessment. it has had me worried, I've applying for jobs on indeed all day.

this stupid ass virus has caused people to lose their minds. some bitch at the store today cussed my 65 year old mom out for coughing. she doesn't have the virus, she had COPD and asthma .
You probably dont have a job anymore if you used classless words at work.like you posted here and rightly so
To be fair if someone cursed my mother out for nothing more than coughing I'd have some choice words for the old hag too. Everyone coughs. It means nothing. And I've heard much worse from people here. This is nothing. It doesn't mean op speaks like that at work. As far as the job, take some allegra and go to the assessment, op.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:48 pm
Lotus wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 pm they are all on lockdown around here.
it seems like a very inconvenient time to train someone, I would assume your services will still be required when this recesses.
they were on lockdown when they hired me. I just wished they would tell me what is going on instead of telling me to come in for an assessment next week
I get to visit nursing homes on a regular basis, the hardest working staff are the last to really know what the heck is going on. Depending on who you spoke with, they probably truly have no idea.

I have not been able to visit my loved ones in a couple of weeks now. I'm in Michigan, life inside assisted facilities are changing daily and are largely at risk, residence, and staff. I know you need to work but this might be your blessing in disguise.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

For your job, is there any new legislation in your region to protect your job because of COVID-19?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It makes perfect sense that they check. My housemate is an RN and starting this week everyone gets a temperature check on the way in and has to wear a sticker all day with their temp on it. You have a fever, you go home.

Something like this gets loose in an ALF, it will rip through there like lightening. All those people in close quarters, usually kept pretty warm temperature wise, staff going room to room toting germs with them - look out.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic