I don't know if I still have a job or not

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I started a new job last week. it is in an assist living facility. I worked last Tuesday- Saturday. off Sunday through Wednesday. I was supposed to go back tomorrow and work 6 days.

They called me today and told me there has been a change in the schedule to not come into work the rest of the week and to up there next week for an assessment. I said when. they said preferably early next week. I said do I still have a job. she said just come next week for the assessment.

I don't know what is going on. I am still in training. I haven't even worked on my own. any yet. all of the patients seem to like me. they all said they hope I stay .

I am wondering though, if the virus may be the reason. I have post nasal drip. so stuff drains into my throat and it makes me cough. I've had this issues my entire life.. my dd has it too. I wonder if maybe someone heard me cough and may think I have the virus. i don't have it. I am perfectly healthy. I can't think of any other reason why they would take me off the schedule and tell me to come in next week for an assessment. it has had me worried, I've applying for jobs on indeed all day.

this stupid ass virus has caused people to lose their minds. some bitch at the store today cussed my 65 year old mom out for coughing. she doesn't have the virus, she had COPD and asthma .
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

they are all on lockdown around here.
it seems like a very inconvenient time to train someone, I would assume your services will still be required when this recesses.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well if you have a cough I can understand their concern. You can say you have had it all you life until your blue in the face, it doesnt change their worry and they have no reason to believe you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 pm they are all on lockdown around here.
it seems like a very inconvenient time to train someone, I would assume your services will still be required when this recesses.
they were on lockdown when they hired me. I just wished they would tell me what is going on instead of telling me to come in for an assessment next week
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:30 pm I started a new job last week. it is in an assist living facility. I worked last Tuesday- Saturday. off Sunday through Wednesday. I was supposed to go back tomorrow and work 6 days.

They called me today and told me there has been a change in the schedule to not come into work the rest of the week and to up there next week for an assessment. I said when. they said preferably early next week. I said do I still have a job. she said just come next week for the assessment.

I don't know what is going on. I am still in training. I haven't even worked on my own. any yet. all of the patients seem to like me. they all said they hope I stay .

I am wondering though, if the virus may be the reason. I have post nasal drip. so stuff drains into my throat and it makes me cough. I've had this issues my entire life.. my dd has it too. I wonder if maybe someone heard me cough and may think I have the virus. i don't have it. I am perfectly healthy. I can't think of any other reason why they would take me off the schedule and tell me to come in next week for an assessment. it has had me worried, I've applying for jobs on indeed all day.

this stupid ass virus has caused people to lose their minds. some bitch at the store today cussed my 65 year old mom out for coughing. she doesn't have the virus, she had COPD and asthma .
You probably dont have a job anymore if you used classless words at work.like you posted here and rightly so
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 pm Well if you have a cough I can understand their concern. You can say you have had it all you life until your blue in the face, it doesnt change their worry and they have no reason to believe you.
if they would tell me that I would understand. they are not telling me anything at all. I also have no symptom, no fever, no dry cough, no running nose.. no other symptoms.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If your 65 year old mother has COPD and asthma she really shouldn't be going out to the store. I hope you all stay safe!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:30 pm I started a new job last week. it is in an assist living facility. I worked last Tuesday- Saturday. off Sunday through Wednesday. I was supposed to go back tomorrow and work 6 days.

You probably dont have a job anymore if you used classless words at work.like you posted here and rightly so
the last time I checked this into my job. and yes that bitch who cussed out my mom would have gotten her ass whooped of i would have been there.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm If your 65 year old mother has COPD and asthma she really shouldn't be going out to the store. I hope you all stay safe!
she is a diabetic and has an injury on her foot that she had to keep bandaids on which is why she was at the dollar general. she tries to not go out much but sometimes it is unavoidable.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm
Emmasmom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 pm Well if you have a cough I can understand their concern. You can say you have had it all you life until your blue in the face, it doesnt change their worry and they have no reason to believe you.
if they would tell me that I would understand. they are not telling me anything at all. I also have no symptom, no fever, no dry cough, no running nose.. no other symptoms.
There are no symptoms where the infected doesnt have the usual symptoms. The virus is changing. It's pretty scary.
Locked Previous topicNext topic