Debit / Credit / Tap Only

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:07 pm Our farmers market has gone to pre-orders pickup/delivery only. No cash.
The farms, butcher, bakery, and dairy I buy from are all doing the same thing.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have never noticed that. Not that I shop with cash often.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:48 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:35 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Do you ever include your tip on your card?
If I have to but I know cash is usually better for service people
I am not sure how it is there, but here the tax department assumes that service industry front line workers (servers) get 10% on top of their salaries.
It’s something like that. But that’s 10 or 20% that’s unreported if it’s a cash tip, although I’m sure some report it. Plus the tip jars at counters. I always put money in it knowing how little they make.

Also some domestic workers, yard help, etc ask for cash payments.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:53 pm
Conweis wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:33 pm

Mind games, if you have a card, you have a card. I have read Dave Ramsey and I still don't get the money in the envelope mind trick. LOL, if you can stop at $50 of cash & not pull out the card, then why can't you just stop before you spend 50$ period, even when using the card. It takes the same amount of self-control in my mind.
You dont use your card. Some people leave their cards at home or in their car. If my bank account allowed me make multiple transactions between my savings and checking, I would be putting everything in savings and then just transfer over the amount needed for bills, food, etc etc.
Some people put the charge they got back into a jar and then at the end of the month deposit it back into the bank account.
I am glad you have a system that works for you.

If I have the self-control and will-power to leave my card in the car, then I have the will-power to stop spending at $47.72 on my card. All that effort, running back to bank, to re-deposit money back in the bank, when you could have left it there automatically seems like a ridiculous amount of effort to me.
Mine gets deposit at Christmas time. I use it as my Christmas fund. I have jars and all my change minus quarters go in it. Last year, I had about $300 in change. I warned the bank ahead of time before coming in LOL!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:15 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:07 pm Our farmers market has gone to pre-orders pickup/delivery only. No cash.
In our state I believe it applies to all agritourism places - including breweries, wineries, farm stores, farmers markets, etc. It's hard but we are only a few days in on the new regs so adjusting. As a market manager, I'm getting to the point that I really don't want to touch a whole bunch of cash and make too many touch points so while complicated, I'm good with the new regs.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:58 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:52 pm
Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:07 pm

I agree, you sound way too paranoid. How do you dry out the money, do you hang it out on a clothes line?
I have two factors that put me in the high risk category and I live within 20 miles of a fast growing "hot spot." In my county are over 200 cases, and there were 33 new cases and 4 deaths yesterday alone. So what sounds paranoid to you seems like a good idea to me. I really do not want to get this, and do not want to end up in the hospital system.

The cash dries out in about an hour sitting on a paper towel on my sunny enclosed porch. Not a big deal and gives us peace of mind.
I have never heard of ANYONE that actually washes money, what a paranoid freak you are.
No need to be a dick.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:38 pm
Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm

You soaked your money in bleach? Did I read that right?
Dumbest thing ever. Maybe she's planning on changing them to larger bills. We got one once that had been a $5 that had been bleached, and then printed at as a $50.
Absolutely nothing dumb about it. Money is the dirtiest, filthiest thing on the planet. It's probably got as many germs as the bottom of your shoe, and you wouldn't handle that, carry it around and put it in your pocket.

Especially if she's compromised, I think it makes good sense. My dad is 79, a heart patient and in kidney failure. He went to the bank today and did some "money laundering" of his own. He set it on the counter, sprayed it with Lysol then wiped it off. Turned it over and did the other side. The cloth was black there was so much dirt.

You should really educate yourself before you call anyone dumb.
Knowing that, why are you complaining about a cashless society, lol?
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not where I am. I use cash and debit/credit cards. All the cashiers wear gloves.
Linda_Runs wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:54 am I have noticed that so many places are not accepting cash as a form of payment. The preferable method seems to be credit or debit card tap, then insert with a PIN.

Who else has noticed that in their areas?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:18 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Dumbest thing ever. Maybe she's planning on changing them to larger bills. We got one once that had been a $5 that had been bleached, and then printed at as a $50.
Absolutely nothing dumb about it. Money is the dirtiest, filthiest thing on the planet. It's probably got as many germs as the bottom of your shoe, and you wouldn't handle that, carry it around and put it in your pocket.

Especially if she's compromised, I think it makes good sense. My dad is 79, a heart patient and in kidney failure. He went to the bank today and did some "money laundering" of his own. He set it on the counter, sprayed it with Lysol then wiped it off. Turned it over and did the other side. The cloth was black there was so much dirt.

You should really educate yourself before you call anyone dumb.
Knowing that, why are you complaining about a cashless society, lol?
I never complained about it? Where did you see that? I rarely carry cash myself actually. It's odd if I have it on me.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:15 pm
In our state I believe it applies to all agritourism places - including breweries, wineries, farm stores, farmers markets, etc. It's hard but we are only a few days in on the new regs so adjusting. As a market manager, I'm getting to the point that I really don't want to touch a whole bunch of cash and make too many touch points so while complicated, I'm good with the new regs.
I haven’t read anything about it being part of new regulations here, but that’s really interesting it is where you are. It really makes sense in a lot of ways. From a consumer standpoint on one hand it’s awesome in light of everything but at the same time I’m use to picking out exactly what I want so not having that control is messing with me a bit, lol. But that’s a completely me issue not the businesses I buy from. I’m just glad they are still open.
Locked Previous topicNext topic