Debit / Credit / Tap Only

JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I typically don't use cash anyway. I use apple pay even before this. But now it makes even more sense so I don't have to touch that keypad (and I do regularly clean my phone). And I haven't been out since last Friday's grocery trip.

The virus only lives for a limited time on paper/plastic products. Any cash in my wallet was withdrawn before St. Patricks day so I am not worried about that myself.

PSA though: My IT husband completely bans the use of debit cards for anything other than an ATM/bank withdrawal. We use a credit card and always pay it off at the end of the month. There are more protections in place with a credit card should a store's data get breached. Debit cards give access to your bank account. It takes longer and is more a PITA to get those hacked funds back than through a credit card.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:07 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:51 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:47 pm
Lol you are idiotic
Don't really see why trying to avoid Covid 19 is "idiotic" but you are entitled to your opinion. I wish you well.
I agree, you sound way too paranoid. How do you dry out the money, do you hang it out on a clothes line?
I have two factors that put me in the high risk category and I live within 20 miles of a fast growing "hot spot." In my county are over 200 cases, and there were 33 new cases and 4 deaths yesterday alone. So what sounds paranoid to you seems like a good idea to me. I really do not want to get this, and do not want to end up in the hospital system.

The cash dries out in about an hour sitting on a paper towel on my sunny enclosed porch. Not a big deal and gives us peace of mind.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:38 pm
Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm Here they want "touch-less" payment. So credit card or debit that you can slide yourself and the cashier doesn't have to touch the card. Or Apple Pay or similar that involves no touching. Dollar bills in particular seem to carry a lot of germs and endanger the cashiers.

We have already soaked all our cash in bleach and try not to use it when possible. I prefer the chip card reader so no one touches my CC and I don't handle any cash.
You soaked your money in bleach? Did I read that right?
Dumbest thing ever. Maybe she's planning on changing them to larger bills. We got one once that had been a $5 that had been bleached, and then printed at as a $50.
You replied early and missed the chance of being asshole anon 2. Only a F***ing idiot would assume that only household bleach is used when bleaching money for counterfeiting purposes, smh
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:58 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:52 pm

I agree, you sound way too paranoid. How do you dry out the money, do you hang it out on a clothes line?
I have two factors that put me in the high risk category and I live within 20 miles of a fast growing "hot spot." In my county are over 200 cases, and there were 33 new cases and 4 deaths yesterday alone. So what sounds paranoid to you seems like a good idea to me. I really do not want to get this, and do not want to end up in the hospital system.

The cash dries out in about an hour sitting on a paper towel on my sunny enclosed porch. Not a big deal and gives us peace of mind.
I have never heard of ANYONE that actually washes money, what a paranoid freak you are.
Last week the state recommendation for farmers markets was that only one person handle cash, we then deposit that cash and give vendors check only. I'm that one person. Banks this week are not accepting cash deposits and our market must go to online preorder only. Cash is a really, really bad way to do business. Dirty money has all new meaning.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I have never heard of ANYONE that actually washes money, what a paranoid freak you are.
I was being an ass last year and said this to someone last year and received a board warning for violating guidelines 😡
But this is a new screen name and.you probably change it often for being nasty
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:30 pm

I was being an ass last year and said this to someone last year and received a board warning for violating guidelines 😡
But this is a new screen name and.you probably change it often for being nasty
I'm a big girl and can take the nasty name calling. If they use a screen name, I just block their posts since they have shown there is no reason to read them. If they go anon, well that tells you they don't even want to own their own words.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm Here they want "touch-less" payment. So credit card or debit that you can slide yourself and the cashier doesn't have to touch the card. Or Apple Pay or similar that involves no touching. Dollar bills in particular seem to carry a lot of germs and endanger the cashiers.

We have already soaked all our cash in bleach and try not to use it when possible. I prefer the chip card reader so no one touches my CC and I don't handle any cash.

Edited to add: Not pure bleach, we use a formula from CDC to clean money, all packages, food boxes, and anything else coming into the house. 2 Tablespoons bleach in 1 quart water. Soak the money for 15 min, then rinse and let dry. Doesn't harm it in any way.
What the actual f**k
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Edited to add: Not pure bleach, we use a formula from CDC to clean money, all packages, food boxes, and anything else coming into the house. 2 Tablespoons bleach in 1 quart water. Soak the money for 15 min, then rinse and let dry. Doesn't harm it in any way.
Does it get all the cocaine off?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:09 pm The grocery store I go to has increased debit tap to $250 per transaction. I am a debit girl anyway so I hardly ever have cash on me so I have not noticed.
I am a credit card tapper myself. I have had the same $60 in my purse for a week.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Well, you sound like one of those women who pays with sweaty boob money, so there's that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic