Trump signals growing weariness with ‘social distancing’ and other steps advocated by health officials

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Seattle public radio:

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:48 am
DSamuels wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 am
Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:34 pm

A couple in Arizona took this combination after a Trump tweeted about it. One died, one is in critical condition. Other countries have reported poisoning from hydrochlorequine.
No, they didn’t. First, both medications are only available by prescription. They took pills used to treat aquarium water with a similar name.

Headline from CNN: Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used to treat aquariums
Yes, Trump is at fault for an individuals stupidity now too. It's natural selection at work would be my summary.

Add that to the list. They crack me up. They accuse Trump of withholding information constantly, he shares something with the country that's hopeful, and he's getting lambasted for being transparent. Again, not able to hold a congruous thought if their lives depended on it. They're all certifiable.
How do you not understand the overwhelming responsibility a leader has in not passing bad information to people?

Natural selection? That would be Trump's base that is buying up all sorts of the drug. maybe that natural selection will mean fewer "stupid" people voting for an incompetent leader in November, maybe that's the upside to this.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL! Your last three sentences made me laugh so hard, I startled my son! 😂

trump needs to save those lives to get them to vote for him in November. I wouldn’t put it past him to slow the flow of resources from blue states and immediately give them to red states, and then blame dems for deaths.

Drop the T and the U in POTUS and you’ll get what trump’s rightful/true title is.

Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:30 pm

No, they didn’t. First, both medications are only available by prescription. They took pills used to treat aquarium water with a similar name.

Headline from CNN: Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used to treat aquariums
Yes, Trump is at fault for an individuals stupidity now too. It's natural selection at work would be my summary.

Add that to the list. They crack me up. They accuse Trump of withholding information constantly, he shares something with the country that's hopeful, and he's getting lambasted for being transparent. Again, not able to hold a congruous thought if their lives depended on it. They're all certifiable.
How do you not understand the overwhelming responsibility a leader has in not passing bad information to people?

Natural selection? That would be Trump's base that is buying up all sorts of the drug. maybe that natural selection will mean fewer "stupid" people voting for an incompetent leader in November, maybe that's the upside to this.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:30 pm

When it's the cocktail that's being used, how do you figure he's "passing bad information"? In what universe is that an accurate statement to make? He's not telling anyone to go out and find these two drugs off the street and take them. Good Lord. Do you and your ilk ever listen to yourselves?

If someone's a big enough dolt to go take aquarium chemicals or something that sounds similar to a prescription drug but it's not prescribed, that's absolutely nothing that the President, ANY President, can control. I don't care who's in office.

Yes maybe the natural selection will work in the country's favor and help keep senile Joe where he belongs - not in the Whitehouse but in a nursing home.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I completely agree with your first sentence. Interesting that you don't find news of a medication that can treat the symptoms to be hopeful. A medication that they're going to try out in a hard hit population that's got 40% of the cases. Huh.

We live through flu season every year and some years 70,000 people die. We're up to as many as 54,000 deaths this year. The flu has been around how many years? And that's not been cured yet. We live with it. I'm definitely not expecting a cure, however, symptom treatment would be a hell of a great benefit.

cgd5112 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 am It’s bc too many Americans are alarmists, reactionists, and even idiots.They hear anecdotal information and they make a leap that these meds area cure. Even those who do understand the information, under such dire circumstances, panic react.

Sadly, too many Americans do not understand basic science. They do not understand the difference between treatments and cures. They do not understand the difference between case studies and random studies,. They do not understand that a study has to go through phased trials to prove efficacy.

Many of the same science deniers are now believing that these meds are cures bc trump tweeted about them and made an announcement about it.

I agree that trump should be transparent and give people hope. Telling the public GM and Ford have the go to make vents is hope. Telling the public that the fed gov will do every in its power to distribute resources to every state ( regardless of political leanings, and set his ego aside , to show and encourage unity), and make every effort to provide the resources to protect healthcare workers,families, and patients is giving hope. He then should step aside every time, and field healthcare questions to Dr. Fauci and not tweet about anything medical that he clearly does not understand. Instead he uses these press conferences as a surrogate for his feed-my-ego rallies bc his ego is going through adulation/validation withdrawals.

He should not get on a tweeting rant shit talking about governors. He should pull up his big boy panties and rise above any criticism, instead of acting like a fucken middle schooler that feels he has something to prove.

If he actually understands the charts he touts, he should continue to encourage physical distancing, limiting travel for non essential people to grocery shopping, pharmacy pick ups , etc.; bc if he does understand and he still wants to go back to business as usual by Easter, then he really doesn’t give a f**k about people’s lives, and he’s just a Harry Lime for corporations.

A smart man knows his limitations. trump deludes himself into thinking he has none.

Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You keep repeating the same Fox News bullshit about the Flu. No, it’s not like the yearly flu seasons. It’s highly contagious and unlike the flu, very little is still known about it. If our country had done nothing to contain this, half of the country would be infected by the end of the year with millions of deaths. People need to stop talking about the flu after reading stupid articles on Fox News.

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm I completely agree with your first sentence. Interesting that you don't find news of a medication that can treat the symptoms to be hopeful. A medication that they're going to try out in a hard hit population that's got 40% of the cases. Huh.

We live through flu season every year and some years 70,000 people die. We're up to as many as 54,000 deaths this year. The flu has been around how many years? And that's not been cured yet. We live with it. I'm definitely not expecting a cure, however, symptom treatment would be a hell of a great benefit.

cgd5112 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 am It’s bc too many Americans are alarmists, reactionists, and even idiots.They hear anecdotal information and they make a leap that these meds area cure. Even those who do understand the information, under such dire circumstances, panic react.

Sadly, too many Americans do not understand basic science. They do not understand the difference between treatments and cures. They do not understand the difference between case studies and random studies,. They do not understand that a study has to go through phased trials to prove efficacy.

Many of the same science deniers are now believing that these meds are cures bc trump tweeted about them and made an announcement about it.

I agree that trump should be transparent and give people hope. Telling the public GM and Ford have the go to make vents is hope. Telling the public that the fed gov will do every in its power to distribute resources to every state ( regardless of political leanings, and set his ego aside , to show and encourage unity), and make every effort to provide the resources to protect healthcare workers,families, and patients is giving hope. He then should step aside every time, and field healthcare questions to Dr. Fauci and not tweet about anything medical that he clearly does not understand. Instead he uses these press conferences as a surrogate for his feed-my-ego rallies bc his ego is going through adulation/validation withdrawals.

He should not get on a tweeting rant shit talking about governors. He should pull up his big boy panties and rise above any criticism, instead of acting like a fucken middle schooler that feels he has something to prove.

If he actually understands the charts he touts, he should continue to encourage physical distancing, limiting travel for non essential people to grocery shopping, pharmacy pick ups , etc.; bc if he does understand and he still wants to go back to business as usual by Easter, then he really doesn’t give a f**k about people’s lives, and he’s just a Harry Lime for corporations.

A smart man knows his limitations. trump deludes himself into thinking he has none.

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Where did I say I watched fox news?

I look up statistics on my own. I was watching this virus unfold long before it hit here, when China was under reporting the stats and lying their asses off.
Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 pm You keep repeating the same Fox News bullshit about the Flu. No, it’s not like the yearly flu seasons. It’s highly contagious and unlike the flu, very little is still known about it. If our country had done nothing to contain this, half of the country would be infected by the end of the year with millions of deaths. People need to stop talking about the flu after reading stupid articles on Fox News.

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm I completely agree with your first sentence. Interesting that you don't find news of a medication that can treat the symptoms to be hopeful. A medication that they're going to try out in a hard hit population that's got 40% of the cases. Huh.

Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Deleted User 638

Unread post

This isn't the damn flu. Worst case scenarios have shown anywhere from 500,000 to over a million deaths in this country from the virus. If that happens, I'll be interested in hearing your defense of Trump.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Where did I say I watch Fox news? You and your comrades have such a hatred of Fox - wonder if it's because it's the one network that isn't an extension of the left wing and puking out their propaganda for them.

I've been watching this virus unfold since the fall, when China was trying to claim there were 1,400 cases and were clearly lying to the world about it. When it wasn't a consideration for us. When it wasn't yet on our shores. I've also been watching the death and case count which is still no where near the flu. Which we have lived with for how many years? Which kills 70,000 some seasons. Which there are millions of cases of.

I'm using logic and reason, unlike what your media continues to try to promote. I like sanity. The left should try it sometime. I don't buy into the propaganda.

Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 pm You keep repeating the same Fox News bullshit about the Flu. No, it’s not like the yearly flu seasons. It’s highly contagious and unlike the flu, very little is still known about it. If our country had done nothing to contain this, half of the country would be infected by the end of the year with millions of deaths. People need to stop talking about the flu after reading stupid articles on Fox News.

Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why would I defend Trump?

Interesting question. Do you somehow blame him for this virus and not China's failure to contain it? Is this his fault too? LOL
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 pm

This isn't the damn flu. Worst case scenarios have shown anywhere from 500,000 to over a million deaths in this country from the virus. If that happens, I'll be interested in hearing your defense of Trump.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Locked Previous topicNext topic