Debit / Credit / Tap Only

Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:03 pm I hope not. I mostly use cash. I've never used a debit card in my life and don't plan to start. Screw that. Assholes.
The virus can live on paper and paper products for a period of time, thus the refusal to accept cash. They have a right to refuse it to help prevent the spread of disease. Suck it up, buttercup.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:38 pm
Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm Here they want "touch-less" payment. So credit card or debit that you can slide yourself and the cashier doesn't have to touch the card. Or Apple Pay or similar that involves no touching. Dollar bills in particular seem to carry a lot of germs and endanger the cashiers.

We have already soaked all our cash in bleach and try not to use it when possible. I prefer the chip card reader so no one touches my CC and I don't handle any cash.
You soaked your money in bleach? Did I read that right?
Dumbest thing ever. Maybe she's planning on changing them to larger bills. We got one once that had been a $5 that had been bleached, and then printed at as a $50.

Sorry for any confusion. Soaked in a bleach formula from CDC. Our state has also banned any cash payments for toll roads now for the same reason. Cash carries virus and germs.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I use debit for everything anyway so I wouldn't notice however I hate that some cashiers need to touch my card and they are wearing their latex gloves. I know it's for their protection but they handle everyone else's card with the same gloves so it's just as dirty as using cash.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anyone who thinks Pink's idea of cleaning money is dumb or odd should consider what China has done:

"As the novel coronavirus outbreak continues to batter China, the country's central bank has implemented a new strategy to contain the virus -- deep cleaning and destroying potentially infected cash."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/17/asia/chi ... index.html
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:38 pm
Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm Here they want "touch-less" payment. So credit card or debit that you can slide yourself and the cashier doesn't have to touch the card. Or Apple Pay or similar that involves no touching. Dollar bills in particular seem to carry a lot of germs and endanger the cashiers.

We have already soaked all our cash in bleach and try not to use it when possible. I prefer the chip card reader so no one touches my CC and I don't handle any cash.
You soaked your money in bleach? Did I read that right?
Dumbest thing ever. Maybe she's planning on changing them to larger bills. We got one once that had been a $5 that had been bleached, and then printed at as a $50.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:56 pm I use debit for everything anyway so I wouldn't notice however I hate that some cashiers need to touch my card and they are wearing their latex gloves. I know it's for their protection but they handle everyone else's card with the same gloves so it's just as dirty as using cash.
I do not remember I have every had a cashier touch my card. I just tap and go, no pin number to enter at all, and I never touch a thing.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I haven't been out to notice but my DH has said yes he has seen this. Which is so contradictory to everything we have been told in an emergency situation-keep cash on hand. I don't care how we are to pay I just find that ironic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Our farmers market has gone to pre-orders pickup/delivery only. No cash.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:02 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:56 pm I use debit for everything anyway so I wouldn't notice however I hate that some cashiers need to touch my card and they are wearing their latex gloves. I know it's for their protection but they handle everyone else's card with the same gloves so it's just as dirty as using cash.
I do not remember I have every had a cashier touch my card. I just tap and go, no pin number to enter at all, and I never touch a thing.
It's not that common but it happened at a local pizza shop yesterday. They always touch the card but I forget all about them touching it when I went to pickup my pizza.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I have a couple of thousand in our safe that hasn't seen the light of day since long before this virus. But I rarely use or have cash on me. It's always the debit card. I don't even know how tap works, lol.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yup. Been that way for a little over a week now
Locked Previous topicNext topic