Debit / Credit / Tap Only

Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have noticed that so many places are not accepting cash as a form of payment. The preferable method seems to be credit or debit card tap, then insert with a PIN.

Who else has noticed that in their areas?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hope not. I mostly use cash. I've never used a debit card in my life and don't plan to start. Screw that. Assholes.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I haven't left home to notice. I'm staying home as ordered.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The grocery store I go to has increased debit tap to $250 per transaction. I am a debit girl anyway so I hardly ever have cash on me so I have not noticed.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think that has been the preferable method for years around my area. I prefer us Apple Pay mostly. And I actually shop more at Walmart & Sam's club due to their mobile phone payment options.

Sorry, anon1, but I find cash is archaic. I personally do not want the hassle of carrying about currency that can be lost & stolen, and it takes longer to use at the check out. But to each their own.

But checks, don't even get me started, LOL!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Here they want "touch-less" payment. So credit card or debit that you can slide yourself and the cashier doesn't have to touch the card. Or Apple Pay or similar that involves no touching. Dollar bills in particular seem to carry a lot of germs and endanger the cashiers.

We have already soaked all our cash in bleach and try not to use it when possible. I prefer the chip card reader so no one touches my CC and I don't handle any cash.

Edited to add: Not pure bleach, we use a formula from CDC to clean money, all packages, food boxes, and anything else coming into the house. 2 Tablespoons bleach in 1 quart water. Soak the money for 15 min, then rinse and let dry. Doesn't harm it in any way.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm Here they want "touch-less" payment. So credit card or debit that you can slide yourself and the cashier doesn't have to touch the card. Or Apple Pay or similar that involves no touching. Dollar bills in particular seem to carry a lot of germs and endanger the cashiers.

We have already soaked all our cash in bleach and try not to use it when possible. I prefer the chip card reader so no one touches my CC and I don't handle any cash.
You soaked your money in bleach? Did I read that right?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I honestly can't remember the last time I used cash for anything.

And I shop. A lot.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm Here they want "touch-less" payment. So credit card or debit that you can slide yourself and the cashier doesn't have to touch the card. Or Apple Pay or similar that involves no touching. Dollar bills in particular seem to carry a lot of germs and endanger the cashiers.

Not pure bleach, we use a formula from CDC to clean money, all packages, food boxes, and anything else coming into the house. 2 Tablespoons bleach in 1 quart water. Soak the money for 15 min, then rinse and let dry. Doesn't harm it in any way.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm

Dumbest thing ever. Maybe she's planning on changing them to larger bills. We got one once that had been a $5 that had been bleached, and then printed at as a $50.
Locked Previous topicNext topic