Trump signals growing weariness with ‘social distancing’ and other steps advocated by health officials

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:33 pm
29again wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:56 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:34 pm

A couple in Arizona took this combination after a Trump tweeted about it. One died, one is in critical condition. Other countries have reported poisoning from hydrochlorequine.
Quick question here - you said they took this combination. So, how did they get the Zpack? You think they might have just had one laying around the house, or what? Otherwise, they did NOT take the combination of PRESCRIPTION DRUGS that POTUS tweeted about.
No, the idiots took stuff that was for a koy pond.
I know. This case is being used as the example of why we shouldn't try the combo. I mean, look at the idiots who ingested aquarium cleaner, when they weren't even sick! I'm supposed to believe that this will be the norm now... people self-medicating with toxic substances to avoid getting sick, rather than staying inside and doing what the authorities suggest, or waiting to see a doc when they do get sick.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:08 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 am This is the reason why trump should not tweet anything about the virus. He’s not a physician. His words carry weight and will encourage many to dismiss the recommendations.

As it is, some are believing there’s already s cure due to his hydrochlorequine and erythromycin tweet.

It's azithromycin, or a Z-pack. They will begin trials with it in NY tomorrow. It has had very good results in other countries, so why shouldn't we at least give it a shot?!
A couple in Arizona took this combination after a Trump tweeted about it. One died, one is in critical condition. Other countries have reported poisoning from hydrochlorequine.
Not his fault they were stupid. And they took it, not because they were sick, but to prevent getting sick. No where did the President say that. And he did not say it was THE cure.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:39 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:33 pm
29again wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:56 pm

Quick question here - you said they took this combination. So, how did they get the Zpack? You think they might have just had one laying around the house, or what? Otherwise, they did NOT take the combination of PRESCRIPTION DRUGS that POTUS tweeted about.
No, the idiots took stuff that was for a koy pond.
I know. This case is being used as the example of why we shouldn't try the combo. I mean, look at the idiots who ingested aquarium cleaner, when they weren't even sick! I'm supposed to believe that this will be the norm now... people self-medicating with toxic substances to avoid getting sick, rather than staying inside and doing what the authorities suggest, or waiting to see a doc when they do get sick.
It's not a cleaner, it's an anti-parasitic, with some pretty nasty side effects. It's dispensed to dogs and cats too for a specific parasite.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 am This is the reason why trump should not tweet anything about the virus. He’s not a physician. His words carry weight and will encourage many to dismiss the recommendations.

As it is, some are believing there’s already s cure due to his hydrochlorequine and erythromycin tweet.

It's azithromycin, or a Z-pack. They will begin trials with it in NY tomorrow. It has had very good results in other countries, so why shouldn't we at least give it a shot?!
No, they didn’t. First, both medications are only available by prescription. They took pills used to treat aquarium water with a similar name.

Headline from CNN: Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used to treat aquariums
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:53 pm
Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:34 pm
29again wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Got a link? Or was that just something seen on facebook? It's really kind of hard to OD on hydrocholorquine, especially if it is taken as prescribed.
They took fish tank cleaner. She didn't want to share that part.
Yeah, I've seen that more than a couple journalists were so anxious to blame this on Trump that they conveniently left that little fact out.

People who are willing to ingest a substance in a bottle that clearly says "Not For Human Consumption" are beyond belief.
"Though Banner did not provide additional details, NBC News spoke to the wife, who said they learned of chloroquine's connection to coronavirus during a President Donald Trump news conference, which "was on a lot actually." They took it because they "were afraid of getting sick," she said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/health/a ... index.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

POTUS needs to sit down, STFU, and allow the experts talk. His mouth is always overloading his ass.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:39 pm That is good. The more ORs a hospital has, the more vents available to retrofit. However, these anesthesia machines , at least a few , must remain available for urgent and emergent surgeries.

Bottom line is that there is a significant shortage of ventilators and PPEs.

Some hospitals ate already running out and some ate going to run out by April. And some ate looking into reusing PPEs.

That the fed govt will not help to mitigate pricing and stock is shameful.

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:08 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:47 am Oh my ... that is heartbreaking.

We’re heading in that very direction where probability of survival will determine who gets a vent.

I watched the briefing today and they've figured out a way to retrofit the ventilators they use in the OR to be able to work in the regular hospital setting. I thought that was great news. The governors have all been checking the medical facilities to inventory and gather as many respirators as they can.
Elon Musk just got 1,000 in and he's disbursing them all now. Read about that yesterday.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 am

No, they didn’t. First, both medications are only available by prescription. They took pills used to treat aquarium water with a similar name.

Headline from CNN: Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used to treat aquariums
Yes, Trump is at fault for an individuals stupidity now too. It's natural selection at work would be my summary.

Add that to the list. They crack me up. They accuse Trump of withholding information constantly, he shares something with the country that's hopeful, and he's getting lambasted for being transparent. Again, not able to hold a congruous thought if their lives depended on it. They're all certifiable.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s bc too many Americans are alarmists, reactionists, and even idiots.They hear anecdotal information and they make a leap that these meds area cure. Even those who do understand the information, under such dire circumstances, panic react.

Sadly, too many Americans do not understand basic science. They do not understand the difference between treatments and cures. They do not understand the difference between case studies and random studies,. They do not understand that a study has to go through phased trials to prove efficacy.

Many of the same science deniers are now believing that these meds are cures bc trump tweeted about them and made an announcement about it.

I agree that trump should be transparent and give people hope. Telling the public GM and Ford have the go to make vents is hope. Telling the public that the fed gov will do every in its power to distribute resources to every state ( regardless of political leanings, and set his ego aside , to show and encourage unity), and make every effort to provide the resources to protect healthcare workers,families, and patients is giving hope. He then should step aside every time, and field healthcare questions to Dr. Fauci and not tweet about anything medical that he clearly does not understand. Instead he uses these press conferences as a surrogate for his feed-my-ego rallies bc his ego is going through adulation/validation withdrawals.

He should not get on a tweeting rant shit talking about governors. He should pull up his big boy panties and rise above any criticism, instead of acting like a fucken middle schooler that feels he has something to prove.

If he actually understands the charts he touts, he should continue to encourage physical distancing, limiting travel for non essential people to grocery shopping, pharmacy pick ups , etc.; bc if he does understand and he still wants to go back to business as usual by Easter, then he really doesn’t give a f**k about people’s lives, and he’s just a Harry Lime for corporations.

A smart man knows his limitations. trump deludes himself into thinking he has none.
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:48 am
DSamuels wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 am

Yes, Trump is at fault for an individuals stupidity now too. It's natural selection at work would be my summary.

Add that to the list. They crack me up. They accuse Trump of withholding information constantly, he shares something with the country that's hopeful, and he's getting lambasted for being transparent. Again, not able to hold a congruous thought if their lives depended on it. They're all certifiable.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why hasn't someone taken his twitter by now?
Locked Previous topicNext topic