Apparently, they are predicting another outbreak in Fall

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:31 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:59 pm
Lotus wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:57 pm Yes, they have been saying that is a strong possibility. They are also concerned this will become a yearly event.
Well eventually we'll develop an immunity i guess or a vaccine. We can't keep doing this every year. It will probably be another vaccination. Flu and covid-19 every fall.
The flu has actually been getting worse every year if you look, especially since the vaccines have really been pushed. They're overboard with hounding you about flu shots now. Seems like it keeps mutating and gaining strength. They think as many as 54,000 may have already died from the flu. I remember when getting the flu was like getting a cold. Now, not so much.
Then you didn't get the flu in 1976. I did. Delirium and vomiting is a horrible thing to deal with.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:57 pm Yes, they have been saying that is a strong possibility. They are also concerned this will become a yearly event.
Well eventually we'll develop an immunity i guess or a vaccine. We can't keep doing this every year. It will probably be another vaccination. Flu and covid-19 every fall.
The flu has actually been getting worse every year if you look, especially since the vaccines have really been pushed. They're overboard with hounding you about flu shots now. Seems like it keeps mutating and gaining strength. They think as many as 54,000 may have already died from the flu. I remember when getting the flu was like getting a cold. Now, not so much.
The flu has never been like a cold. Also from what I understand climate change contributes to increased incidence of viruses. Later I'll find the link I read.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

This first outbreak has to end for there to be a second one. I think it's still just starting in most of the US.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well if people don't start using common sense and staying home, we'll all be F***ing dead by then anyway
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Then you didn't get the flu in 1976. I did. Delirium and vomiting is a horrible thing to deal with.
I've had the flu multiple times in my life. It probably was 1976 one of the times, come to think of it! LOL

Never did I think of it as a potential death sentence until the last few years. You were definitely sick with the flu. You were miserable but you knew you'd get better. I don't remember these high death counts from it either until recently.

One of my good girlfriends died a year ago in February of the flu. 3 weeks and she was gone. Healthy 57 year old, active, no heath conditions. On a vent - then just gone. It's still jarring.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The good news is most will have had it and therefore have more immunity for rounds 2 and 3.

Unless it mutates.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:43 pm Well if people don't start using common sense and staying home, we'll all be F***ing dead by then anyway
You're fear mongering. Yes, people should stay home. No, most won't die from it. In fact, many will be asymptomatic.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:44 pm

What are you talking about? I mean you are throwing a bunch of stuff out there. Do you have a source?
Are you the same asshat that jumps on everything Val says. Someone a serious hard on for her lately and it's getting to be tiresome and stupid as f**k
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:23 pm

I've had the flu multiple times in my life. It probably was 1976 one of the times, come to think of it! LOL

Never did I think of it as a potential death sentence until the last few years. You were definitely sick with the flu. You were miserable but you knew you'd get better. I don't remember these high death counts from it either until recently.

One of my good girlfriends died a year ago in February of the flu. 3 weeks and she was gone. Healthy 57 year old, active, no heath conditions. On a vent - then just gone. It's still jarring.
The strain in 76 was terrible. I was only 10 and dear heaven I was so sick. It was also very deadly in 1917 & 1918. My grandmother lost a child from it back then, but science of it was also different back then, so it could be we've gotten a better handle on it, at least until it mutates.

I'm so sorry about your friend. I can totally understand how jarring and painful that is.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:23 am
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:23 pm

The strain in 76 was terrible. I was only 10 and dear heaven I was so sick. It was also very deadly in 1917 & 1918. My grandmother lost a child from it back then, but science of it was also different back then, so it could be we've gotten a better handle on it, at least until it mutates.

I'm so sorry about your friend. I can totally understand how jarring and painful that is.
Thank you #3. You're very sweet. I was 9 in 76. I remember being out of school for about 4 weeks around then. Now that I've started to think about it I'm pretty sure it was that flu. It was vile. I was having very high fevers and I wasn't getting any better. I recall my parents taking me to the ER with chills so bad my teeth chattered uncontrollably. Ugh! I haven't thought about that in years! It's never been like that when I've gotten it as an adult - thank heaven!

Stay well and healthy and all the best to you and yours. :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic