Should the federal government issue a national forced quarantine?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:22 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:57 pm
29again wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:23 pm

For the virus, hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for 6 days. For the environment, we have all kinds of sanitizers, disinfectants and cleaners. We even have laundry sanitizer, for crying out loud! We have anti-bacterial everything, to wipe down everything we touch. We can legitimately disinfect every item in our house, in our vehicles, at our work... every single thing.
The combination drugs were successful in one small French study, but they haven’t been tested in any kind of legitimate clinical trial, there’s been no study of the long term impacts of the drugs or whether the side effects should limit their usage and there’s already a shortage of them just based on people discussing them as a potential treatment.

How do sanitizers help prevent the spread of a disease that’s contagious through respiratory droplets? A restaurant or club can sanitize every single surface, but two people standing at a busy bar or sitting at close tables can’t protect against it being airborne if someone coughs, sneezes or spits when they talk.
Well, they're going to be pushing a vaccine on us for this that won't have any long term clinical trials either. They're getting that to market as soon as they can make it. They're not going to do any 3, 5 or 10 year study on the lasting impacts of that, which I find more unsettling than trying an antibiotic combo.
They won’t have any 3, 5 or 10 year studies at the outset, but they’ll do clinical trials prior to mass marketing it. And that’s not to say off label usages of these drug combos, if they can help individual patients, are a bad thing but they’re not a universal solution or cure.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:19 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 pm
Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 pm Seriously...what?

That's a snip off a larger conversation. That's out of today's briefing.
I know, I was watching. It’s his typical strange word salad. But he’s obviously suggesting the country reopen businesses “soon” in the midst of a highly contagious pandemic, which is horrifying.
Then you'll know that it was in reference to going along the curve, based on observation of the lifecycle of this virus within countries that have comment through it already. They we're saying it's an 8 - 10 week cycle.

The world has to get back to turning. We can not remain shut down for months. That's not practical nor feasible. Medical survival has to be balanced with people being able to financially survive also. The stress of tanking financially weakens your immune system also, thereby leaving you open to disease.

It's like when you go to the doctor and he tells you to stay home for 2 weeks for a cold. Yes, doctors would want that, but in the real world staying home with a cold for 2 weeks isn't possible. Everything needs to be balanced.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

But the thing is, people can't just go into walmart or CVS and get some. It is a prescription med, so they need a doc to write the script. You can't just get it like Tylenol!

I’ve read the paper. Really, read the articles in the Washington Post.
You’re under the care of a doctor. Because of the news many people are just taking the drug without being monitored. That’s dangerous. Also it’s creating a shortage for people who need it like you and people with Lupus,for example.
29again wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm Thank you, you do the same!

All I really have is anecdotal, but I've been prescribed the hydroxycholoroquine for years, for RA. Also a huge dose of Vit. D. I have not even had a cold in all the time I've been taking them, and I work retail, contacting over 100 people daily. I wash my hands often and use sanitizer, due to the amount of people always in the shop. Also have lysol spray for those who come in hacking up a lung telling me how this is the first day they felt like getting out of bed in a week.... ugghhhh.. When I first started the meds, I asked if it was really safe for me to work the way I do (all the people & the money!) and he said I would be fine. So far, so good.

I really do think that we will come out of this all right.

Please stay safe, regardless of your beliefs.
29again wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:23 am Believe as you wish.

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:31 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 pm

That's a snip off a larger conversation. That's out of today's briefing.
I know, I was watching. It’s his typical strange word salad. But he’s obviously suggesting the country reopen businesses “soon” in the midst of a highly contagious pandemic, which is horrifying.
Then you'll know that it was in reference to going along the curve, based on observation of the lifecycle of this virus within countries that have comment through it already. They we're saying it's an 8 - 10 week cycle.

The world has to get back to turning. We can not remain shut down for months. That's not practical nor feasible. Medical survival has to be balanced with people being able to financially survive also. The stress of tanking financially weakens your immune system also, thereby leaving you open to disease.

It's like when you go to the doctor and he tells you to stay home for 2 weeks for a cold. Yes, doctors would want that, but in the real world staying home with a cold for 2 weeks isn't possible. Everything needs to be balanced.
There’s zero chance the worst of this is over in the next week or two, which is when Trump seems to be alluding to rescinding his social distancing recommendations. There’s no way to safely get people back to work without easily accessible mass testing, which the Trump Administration hasn’t been able to provide, contrary to his prior lies anyone who needed one could get a test.

How is it possible to eradicate it if people are expected to return to life as normal, working and socializing in typical close quarters? Is the stress of going to work knowing every person you see could infect you, thereby making you a potentially deadly carrier for any vulnerable people in your life supposed to be healthy?

The real world is one in which more people will die or face critical illness if COVID spreads unchecked. What death rate would be acceptable to you in the name of “balance”?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 am In Canada, we are not there yet, but it is being planned for just in case. The last time Canada invoked the War Measures Act was in 1972. Now it is under a new name called the Emergency Act.
What happened in 1972.
It’s a really interesting story - Quebec separatists, the FLQ, were escalating bombings in the Montreal area. They eventually kidnapped the Deputy Premier and a British diplomat, killing the Deputy Premier. The Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau (father of current PM Justin) invoked the War Measures Act, the only peacetime use of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Crisis
Thanks for responding to that so clearly. I was actually born in Montreal.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:47 pm

There’s zero chance the worst of this is over in the next week or two, which is when Trump seems to be alluding to rescinding his social distancing recommendations. There’s no way to safely get people back to work without easily accessible mass testing, which the Trump Administration hasn’t been able to provide, contrary to his prior lies anyone who needed one could get a test.

How is it possible to eradicate it if people are expected to return to life as normal, working and socializing in typical close quarters? Is the stress of going to work knowing every person you see could infect you, thereby making you a potentially deadly carrier for any vulnerable people in your life supposed to be healthy?

The real world is one in which more people will die or face critical illness if COVID spreads unchecked. What death rate would be acceptable to you in the name of “balance”?
Again, needed. Stop with making up more lies that you're attributing to him. That is the operative word. Needed. Do we mass test for the flu? No we don't. The flu kills up to 70,000 people some years. Why on earth would we "mass test" for this?

The tests that are available are being allocated to hospitals first, where the severely ill are. My housemate is an RN. They really do have the tests at the hospital and really are administering them as needed. Materials also have to be purchased, put together, etc. You know, manufacturing. There was also an issue with the existing tests yielding false positives.

So let me make sure I clearly understand the left wing premise correctly : Trump was supposed to have a stockpile of 327 million tests sitting around for a virus that wasn't on our shores until 8 weeks ago, that didn't exist in our world, that he didn't know China was going to allow us to be infected with thanks their sloppy containment, lies and under playing? Do you honestly ever listen to yourselves?

You don't just decide you want to get your CA125 tested and waltz in demanding it. You need to be symptomatic and the doctor recommends the test. There are medical criteria for doctors to recommend tests. We don't just march in somewhere and demand a test because we "want to know". That's absolutely ludicrous and anyone that has that expectation is off their rocker.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am
Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Again, needed. Stop with making up more lies that you're attributing to him. That is the operative word. Needed. Do we mass test for the flu? No we don't. The flu kills up to 70,000 people some years. Why on earth would we "mass test" for this?

The tests that are available are being allocated to hospitals first, where the severely ill are. My housemate is an RN. They really do have the tests at the hospital and really are administering them as needed. Materials also have to be purchased, put together, etc. You know, manufacturing. There was also an issue with the existing tests yielding false positives.

So let me make sure I clearly understand the left wing premise correctly : Trump was supposed to have a stockpile of 327 million tests sitting around for a virus that wasn't on our shores until 8 weeks ago, that didn't exist in our world, that he didn't know China was going to allow us to be infected with thanks their sloppy containment, lies and under playing? Do you honestly ever listen to yourselves?

You don't just decide you want to get your CA125 tested and waltz in demanding it. You need to be symptomatic and the doctor recommends the test. There are medical criteria for doctors to recommend tests. We don't just march in somewhere and demand a test because we "want to know". That's absolutely ludicrous and anyone that has that expectation is off their rocker.
Yes, needed. That was a lie then, and it’s a lie now - a simple news search will reveal that there still aren’t enough tests for people who have symptoms, and there certainly weren’t enough two weeks ago. I’d tell you to stop making ridiculous excuses for his incompetence and dishonesty, but that would be futile.

Perhaps her hospital has enough. That’s great. That’s certainly not the case everywhere. If the existing test the CDC made was yielding false positives, they waited before allowing the private sector to make them, resulting in a massive lag. How did South Korea manage to manufacture and execute so many tests if it’s such a ludicrous impossibility? Or does your excuse-Trump-at-all-costs tunnel vision mean such success stories don’t exist?

The CA125 test example is absolutely apples and oranges to this. It’s not administered for a contagious illness that testing can help contain. But hey, you tried.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This virus is different than Influenza.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... -different
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anyone still comparing this to the flu is uninformed.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:11 am
Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 pm

What happened in 1972.
It’s a really interesting story - Quebec separatists, the FLQ, were escalating bombings in the Montreal area. They eventually kidnapped the Deputy Premier and a British diplomat, killing the Deputy Premier. The Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau (father of current PM Justin) invoked the War Measures Act, the only peacetime use of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Crisis
Thanks for responding to that so clearly. I was actually born in Montreal.
Didn’t England come in and try to force everyone to speak English?
Locked Previous topicNext topic