Should the federal government issue a national forced quarantine?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:41 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Those people should be treated to 24 hours in the county lock up with all the unwashed masses.
Yep! I agree completely. It just astounds me the empty headed, idiotic, selfish imbeciles we share this planet with. The more I'm seeing this crap, the more convinced I am that this is mother nature hitting the reject button on this whole race. Give it back to the animals. I'm really disgusted. I've held out hope for humanity all this time. That hope is fading quickly.
China had people like that refusing to self-isolate and they got locked into their houses with a welded bar and padlock across their door to keep them from going outside.
Yes I recall reading about that. Have you seen the video of them dragging people out of their apartments into forcible quarantine?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Those people should be treated to 24 hours in the county lock up with all the unwashed masses.
Yep! I agree completely. It just astounds me the empty headed, idiotic, selfish imbeciles we share this planet with. The more I'm seeing this crap, the more convinced I am that this is mother nature hitting the reject button on this whole race. Give it back to the animals. I'm really disgusted. I've held out hope for humanity all this time. That hope is fading quickly.
China had people like that refusing to self-isolate and they got locked into their houses with a welded bar and padlock across their door to keep them from going outside.
I am so pissed off about this. They travel from Brooklyn, Orange county to here. They had to send the health Dept to break it up. They live in large clusters and travel all over. So far every area I mentioned had to have some even stopped. It really saddens me how you can be so selfish.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 pm

Yes I recall reading about that. Have you seen the video of them dragging people out of their apartments into forcible quarantine?
No I didn't see that. China doesn't f**k around.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes. We should.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. I don't think there should be a nationwide forced quarantine. I don't agree with forced anything. Should people stay home as much as possible? Sure, but it should also be their decision to make. I do not agree with shutting down certain businesses, and a lot of what has been done so far. Now, I do KNOW that it was likely a prudent move, but I still don't agree with it. To me, it flies in the face of the Constitution and what this country stands for. If we were at war with another nation that was attacking us, then I could support it whole-heartedly. But we are fighting a virus that can easily be killed off. We have tools to clean our environments thoroughly. I would rather see the state passing out cleaning supplies than making sure I'm inside....
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:49 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm I don't think that we should go so far as forcibly locking someone in their house but people should be staying home as much as possible and I think the police should fine these people a hefty fine who are acting like this is no big deal and refusing to stay at home when they're not working. And everybody should be tested - every day to identify those who have the virus but have no symptoms so we can isolate those Typhoid Marys.
Well today the police had to break up an ULTA religious wedding of over 100 people here in NY. This is the 3rd one this week. They refused to leave. In NJ they had to get the National Guard to break up the same kind of event. F***ing selfish. Ny is now at 15,000 and tomorrow I bet my county doubles. We were at 80 Thursday and today over 300.
Same people spreading measles I bet.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:55 pm No. I don't think there should be a nationwide forced quarantine. I don't agree with forced anything. Should people stay home as much as possible? Sure, but it should also be their decision to make. I do not agree with shutting down certain businesses, and a lot of what has been done so far. Now, I do KNOW that it was likely a prudent move, but I still don't agree with it. To me, it flies in the face of the Constitution and what this country stands for. If we were at war with another nation that was attacking us, then I could support it whole-heartedly. But we are fighting a virus that can easily be killed off. We have tools to clean our environments thoroughly. I would rather see the state passing out cleaning supplies than making sure I'm inside....
Which certain businesses do you mean? You realize the Stafford Act allows the federal government to authorize this?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:55 pm No. I don't think there should be a nationwide forced quarantine. I don't agree with forced anything. Should people stay home as much as possible? Sure, but it should also be their decision to make. I do not agree with shutting down certain businesses, and a lot of what has been done so far. Now, I do KNOW that it was likely a prudent move, but I still don't agree with it. To me, it flies in the face of the Constitution and what this country stands for. If we were at war with another nation that was attacking us, then I could support it whole-heartedly. But we are fighting a virus that can easily be killed off. We have tools to clean our environments thoroughly. I would rather see the state passing out cleaning supplies than making sure I'm inside....
There is no way to “kill this virus off”. The only way to deal with it is through physical distancing. However there are a lot of people who are refusing to do so. So as a result government has to take measures like quarantine entire cities, states and counties. It’s not as easy as clean the environment, what are you going to do follow behind everyone with a bottle of disinfectant?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

" But we are fighting a virus that can easily be killed off. We have tools to clean our environments thoroughly."

What does that look like?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:16 pm
Lexy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:49 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm I don't think that we should go so far as forcibly locking someone in their house but people should be staying home as much as possible and I think the police should fine these people a hefty fine who are acting like this is no big deal and refusing to stay at home when they're not working. And everybody should be tested - every day to identify those who have the virus but have no symptoms so we can isolate those Typhoid Marys.
Well today the police had to break up an ULTA religious wedding of over 100 people here in NY. This is the 3rd one this week. They refused to leave. In NJ they had to get the National Guard to break up the same kind of event. F***ing selfish. Ny is now at 15,000 and tomorrow I bet my county doubles. We were at 80 Thursday and today over 300.
Same people spreading measles I bet.
Yes and it is really sad. My FB feed is full of posts where people took pictures and tagged the local news and DOH. Same thing in Brooklyn and Lakewood NJ. The County Ex of Orange CTY wants Cuomo to contain his area there. It is sad they don realize how fast this spreads. In 4 days our county has tripled in numbers.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/northor ... el/785298/
Locked Previous topicNext topic