Should the federal government issue a national forced quarantine?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm I don't think that we should go so far as forcibly locking someone in their house but people should be staying home as much as possible and I think the police should fine these people a hefty fine who are acting like this is no big deal and refusing to stay at home when they're not working. And everybody should be tested - every day to identify those who have the virus but have no symptoms so we can isolate those Typhoid Marys.
Where are we going to get 330 million tests per day?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm I don't think that we should go so far as forcibly locking someone in their house but people should be staying home as much as possible and I think the police should fine these people a hefty fine who are acting like this is no big deal and refusing to stay at home when they're not working. And everybody should be tested - every day to identify those who have the virus but have no symptoms so we can isolate those Typhoid Marys.
S. Korea managed to do it. So did China. So it isn't impossible. Trump could wave his hand and command the military to start making them. I'm sure it's a very exact recipe, you just need the ingredients and someone to assemble them.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Well today the police had to break up an ULTA religious wedding of over 100 people here in NY. This is the 3rd one this week. They refused to leave. In NJ they had to get the National Guard to break up the same kind of event. F***ing selfish. Ny is now at 15,000 and tomorrow I bet my county doubles. We were at 80 Thursday and today over 300.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I don't see how we can test everyone. But I do think that non-essential personnel should be required to shelter in place and essential personnel should be tested en masse. The fact that we are asking medical, truckers, factory workers, grocery, pharmacists, first responders, etc. show up for work every day and yet denying them testing unless they are hospitalized is criminal.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:49 pm
Well today the police had to break up an ULTA religious wedding of over 100 people here in NY. This is the 3rd one this week. They refused to leave. In NJ they had to get the National Guard to break up the same kind of event. F***ing selfish. Ny is now at 15,000 and tomorrow I bet my county doubles. We were at 80 Thursday and today over 300.
Those people should be treated to 24 hours in the county lock up with all the unwashed masses.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:33 pm
S. Korea managed to do it. So did China. So it isn't impossible. Trump could wave his hand and command the military to start making them. I'm sure it's a very exact recipe, you just need the ingredients and someone to assemble them.
The military has manufacturing facilities?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:27 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:33 pm

The military has manufacturing facilities?

No but they manpower. Like, I said, it's probably a concise recipe of ingredients to create the supply. Just like the reagents to test for other stuff. You get the supplies in bulk and then break them down for individual kits.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:53 pm I don’t think they can. I think it may be Unconstitutional.
If he Stafford Acts us he can.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:20 pm
Those people should be treated to 24 hours in the county lock up with all the unwashed masses.
Yep! I agree completely. It just astounds me the empty headed, idiotic, selfish imbeciles we share this planet with. The more I'm seeing this crap, the more convinced I am that this is mother nature hitting the reject button on this whole race. Give it back to the animals. I'm really disgusted. I've held out hope for humanity all this time. That hope is fading quickly.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Yep! I agree completely. It just astounds me the empty headed, idiotic, selfish imbeciles we share this planet with. The more I'm seeing this crap, the more convinced I am that this is mother nature hitting the reject button on this whole race. Give it back to the animals. I'm really disgusted. I've held out hope for humanity all this time. That hope is fading quickly.
China had people like that refusing to self-isolate and they got locked into their houses with a welded bar and padlock across their door to keep them from going outside.
Locked Previous topicNext topic