How much would you pay for this?

Anonymous 9

Unread post

Someone needs to remind that lady of the old adage, "You get what you pay for."

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm You are working from home during the pandemic and hire a nanny for 50 hours a week. You live in a city and make a high income for your area. Median income is $35,000, you make over $200,000. Your kids are 1, 3, and 10. The nannies responsibilities include:

- Caring for the children throughout the day, including bathing, dressing, teeth brushing, the younger two are both in diapers
- Supervising the 10 year old while he does his online school curriculum, which includes two hours of project based assignments that require adult assistance, while still caring for the younger two
- Continuing preschool curriculum with three year old
- Providing three hours of planned outdoor activities a day (soccer, walks, trips to parks (no playgrounds), etc)
- Making three balanced meals for the whole family
- Doing all dishes and cleaning areas used by the children
- Making the grocery lists and running errands (like groceries, car wash) with the kids
- The younger two nap at different times and there should be constant activities planned for the ten year old, so there are no breaks
- No more than 15 minutes of tv time a day

How much would you pay per hour for this?

Added: this isn't me. Someone wants to hire my sister in law to do these things and they want to pay her 10 dollars an hour. I told her they were crazy and she said maybe it's just how much childcare costs and I just overpay, but I don't think so.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:09 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 pm At 40hrs a week that is $400 that is decent money for that, imo.
$400 a week is $20800 a year before taxes.
Okay?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:25 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 pm At 40hrs a week that is $400 that is decent money for that, imo.
Okay?
You'd take that job for that kind of money?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The parents were complaining that all of their past nannies for the two younger kids were lazy and just hang out with the kids, letting them watch tv and play with toys all day, making them easy meals and not cleaning, so they are looking for someone who is serious about their job, and I'm like well if you pay garbage rates, you're not going to get people who are super committed and want to go above and beyond. The average rate for a typical nanny here, without all the cleaning and cooking, is 15-20 an hour, so for 10 you're going to get someone who keeps the kids tended to and safe, but that's about it.
Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:49 am Someone needs to remind that lady of the old adage, "You get what you pay for."

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm You are working from home during the pandemic and hire a nanny for 50 hours a week. You live in a city and make a high income for your area. Median income is $35,000, you make over $200,000. Your kids are 1, 3, and 10. The nannies responsibilities include:

- Caring for the children throughout the day, including bathing, dressing, teeth brushing, the younger two are both in diapers
- Supervising the 10 year old while he does his online school curriculum, which includes two hours of project based assignments that require adult assistance, while still caring for the younger two
- Continuing preschool curriculum with three year old
- Providing three hours of planned outdoor activities a day (soccer, walks, trips to parks (no playgrounds), etc)
- Making three balanced meals for the whole family
- Doing all dishes and cleaning areas used by the children
- Making the grocery lists and running errands (like groceries, car wash) with the kids
- The younger two nap at different times and there should be constant activities planned for the ten year old, so there are no breaks
- No more than 15 minutes of tv time a day

How much would you pay per hour for this?

Added: this isn't me. Someone wants to hire my sister in law to do these things and they want to pay her 10 dollars an hour. I told her they were crazy and she said maybe it's just how much childcare costs and I just overpay, but I don't think so.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:50 pm

Okay?
Yes, I would and have in the past.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:50 pm

Okay?
You just not value yourself much
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Okay?
How long ago was that?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lord you couldn’t afford me.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Okay?
During a pandemic? Exactly how old are you?

I’m kidding.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:23 pm

You just not value yourself much
I value myself just fine. Daycare just doesn't pay more than that here. I received the going rate.
Locked Previous topicNext topic