How much would you pay for this?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 pm At 40hrs a week that is $400 that is decent money for that, imo.
$400 a week is $20800 a year before taxes.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 pm At 40hrs a week that is $400 that is decent money for that, imo.
X4. With that schedule I better be making way more.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She should tell these cheap SOBs to take a long walk off a short pier. So she's a combination wife and mother for $10 an hour? What?

There'd be no hourly rate they'd be willing to pay for what I'd demand. I honestly don't think I'd do all that for anyone unless it was my own nuclear family.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Tell her to tell them to take a long walk off a short pier. That's crazy.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm You are working from home during the pandemic and hire a nanny for 50 hours a week. You live in a city and make a high income for your area. Median income is $35,000, you make over $200,000. Your kids are 1, 3, and 10. The nannies responsibilities include:

- Caring for the children throughout the day, including bathing, dressing, teeth brushing, the younger two are both in diapers
- Supervising the 10 year old while he does his online school curriculum, which includes two hours of project based assignments that require adult assistance, while still caring for the younger two
- Continuing preschool curriculum with three year old
- Providing three hours of planned outdoor activities a day (soccer, walks, trips to parks (no playgrounds), etc)
- Making three balanced meals for the whole family
- Doing all dishes and cleaning areas used by the children
- Making the grocery lists and running errands (like groceries, car wash) with the kids
- The younger two nap at different times and there should be constant activities planned for the ten year old, so there are no breaks
- No more than 15 minutes of tv time a day

How much would you pay per hour for this?

Added: this isn't me. Someone wants to hire my sister in law to do these things and they want to pay her 10 dollars an hour. I told her they were crazy and she said maybe it's just how much childcare costs and I just overpay, but I don't think so.

No breaks for the 10yo? What the hell?

I'd say... $1000/week, at least.
No breaks for the nanny. Some of the activities can be more laid back for the kids, but it's still work for the nanny.
Why isn't the nanny allowed to have a break? Don't you get a break at work? You sound ridiculous and won't be about to keep a nanny long with all that..
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Very little of that is what a nanny does. They're trying to get a housekeeper and governess as well. The pay they're offering is ludicrous.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:58 pm I think you have pipe dreams...
You expect several hours of homeschooling for a 10 year old PLUS an extra 2 hours of project based stuff..
THREE hours of ECA that she plans daily during a pandemic.
Preschool work for one kid
Caring for a kid in diapers
Cooking three meals per day for ALL of you
Doing YOUR housework
Running YOUR errands
AND... to make it better, the 10 year old gets NO break at all in his/her life.
Not only do you have pipe dreams, you sound like a horrible parent/troll.
I am glad you see that post for what it is. Good call!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is the 50 hrs 5 days or 6?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

$10 an hour is insulting & laughable for that list. Tell her to run away fast, very fast from that offer -- imo, it demonstrates the parents are at worst, mentally unstable, at best, have extremely weak insight, LOL.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So a nanny and a maid. At least $30-40 an hour.
i want candy!
Locked Previous topicNext topic