Lying about where dead people go

Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why do you care what they believe or say? If it helps them cope with the loss of a loved one, I don't give a damn; and neither should you.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I do not believe in an actual heaven or hell.

However, I totally respect a person's right to believe in what they choose to and especially during the time of the loss of a loved one. If a belief in an actual place called "heaven" provides them even the smallest amount of comfort, who would I be to judge or question them?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

It's no one else's business what an individual thinks about a possible afterlife.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:47 pm Well... according to my beliefs there is a heaven, but not a hell. At least not the Christian version of hell that’s vengeful and eternal.
What's hell in Judaism? [If you don't mind my asking]

Is it the emptiness of the eternal separation from the Father? There's no fire and torture as in Christianity?

Judaism has always interested me, so I ask questions when folks don't mind answering.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:47 pm Well... according to my beliefs there is a heaven, but not a hell. At least not the Christian version of hell that’s vengeful and eternal.
What's hell in Judaism? [If you don't mind my asking]

Is it the emptiness of the eternal separation from the Father? There's no fire and torture as in Christianity?

Judaism has always interested me, so I ask questions when folks don't mind answering.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is hell.

Heaven awaits us if we earn our way out of this place.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:26 pm I'm starting to believe our lives on earth are the hell, living through our tests and earning our way into heaven.
Bingo!

I pretty much said the same thing.

This is hell if there is one.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:52 pm Why do you care what they believe or say? If it helps them cope with the loss of a loved one, I don't give a damn; and neither should you.
Have you ever come across a Christian willing to lie by saying they don't believe a Heaven exists, when that would comfort an atheist relative of a dead person?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:22 am
Rosehawk wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:52 pm Why do you care what they believe or say? If it helps them cope with the loss of a loved one, I don't give a damn; and neither should you.
Have you ever come across a Christian willing to lie by saying they don't believe a Heaven exists, when that would comfort an atheist relative of a dead person?
That's silly. Why would you lie to an atheist? Just say I'm sorry for your loss. Ds is agnostic and doesn't believe in heaven but certainly believes the soul lives on. I've said things like your father is looking down on you or he'd be proud of you. Whether he agrees I'm not sure. He can feel free to say he doesn't. It's like I'm not sure I believe in a heavenly reward but I do think either we're reincarnated or there is a spiritual world.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

People have their own beliefs and own ways of grieving. It's not for you to decide how someone else grieves.
Locked Previous topicNext topic