Lying about where dead people go

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That person went to heaven, they say. The same people that don't even believe that there is a heaven. They have no clue where that person went.

2 days ago:
Me: When people die they go to heaven or hell.

Other person: There is no heaven or hell. When you're dead, you're dead.

*Known person dies

Other person: They went to heaven! Heaven... Heaven... Heaven! Angel wings... Watching over us from heaven... Blah, blah, blah...

Suddenly, heaven is a real place... But not hell 🙄
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Things are different when a person you love die. "Shrug". Although I'm not sure about heaven I don't believe in hell. I can't imagine a loving God would put anyone in one. I think if you're evil- Hitler for example- your soul simply disintegrates. There's also CS Lewis' idea of hell in the Great Divorce. That is basically we can leave hell but it involves facing some very painful truths about ourselves. And not wanting to do so we remain there. But it's our choice not God's. All besides the point I guess. But when someone you love dies you question what you believe.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I like to believe in heaven. I’m not so sure I believe in hell.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't believe dead people go anywhere other than in the ground or on a shelf. But if it gives someone comfort to believe that a person is in heaven, more power to them. I'm not going to try to argue.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm starting to believe our lives on earth are the hell, living through our tests and earning our way into heaven.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:02 pm That person went to heaven, they say. The same people that don't even believe that there is a heaven. They have no clue where that person went.

2 days ago:
Me: When people die they go to heaven or hell.

Other person: There is no heaven or hell. When you're dead, you're dead.

*Known person dies

Other person: They went to heaven! Heaven... Heaven... Heaven! Angel wings... Watching over us from heaven... Blah, blah, blah...

Suddenly, heaven is a real place... But not hell 🙄
Technically they don't really go to heaven or hell.
If the body is cremated it becomes a course gritty dark gray ashe and the remaining bone fragments are run through a machine that reduces the bone to a sand like texture
If the body is buried then it becomes maggot infested worm food.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I believe Heaven & Hell are both a state of being and can be lived right here on Earth
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well... according to my beliefs there is a heaven, but not a hell. At least not the Christian version of hell that’s vengeful and eternal.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I believe when you're dead you're dead & that's it. However my grandmother strongly believed in Heaven & Hell. When she passed away, I had no problem saying that she was in Heaven since it is what she believed in & wanted. There was no reason to make a big deal about what I believed in that moment. We all knew what she believed & immediately after her death, that was what mattered, not what I thought.

It's about picking your battles & understanding that there's a time & a place for making a big deal about something. Immediately after death isn't that time. It hurt no one to say she's in heaven because that's where she wanted to be & where she believed she would be given her religious views. In other words, it wasn't about me, so why make it about me just to be a pain in the ass for everyone else.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Saying someone went to heaven or a better place, is just one way of dealing with grief and loss. However, I do believe in both a heaven and hell, and nobody knows what another’s final destination is. That knowledge belongs to the Creator.
Locked Previous topicNext topic