Trump’s story about veteran’s comeback was not quite true

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tony Rankins, a formerly homeless, drug-addicted Army veteran, got a standing ovation at the State of the Union after President Donald Trump described how he turned his life around thanks to a construction job at a company using the administration’s “Opportunity Zone” tax breaks targeting poor neighborhoods.

But that’s not completely true.

Rankins, who indeed moved out of his car and into an apartment since landing a job refurbishing a Nashville hotel two years ago, doesn’t work at a site taking advantage of the breaks and never has done so. In fact, he started that job four months before the Treasury Department published its final list of neighborhoods eligible for the breaks. And the hotel where he worked couldn’t benefit even now because it’s an area that didn’t make the cut.

https://apnews.com/2722fe07cc220914f677 ... SocialFlow
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The little girl he profiled was also already attending one of her city’s most sought after charter schools after previously attending a private school.

https://time.com/5780459/state-of-the-u ... er-school/

Literally nothing too big or too small to lie about.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What gets me is so many believe his manipulations.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:28 am What gets me is so many believe his manipulations.
Well honestly most politicians lie and stretch the truth. I just think Trump would lie to his dying mother's face if it served his purposes. In fact if the archangel Michael came down with a flaming sword Trump would lie to him and not even think twice. We didn't want a politician and we got the biggest one of all
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

This is just laziness with his staff. He doesn't hire the best people and never has.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic