#bloombergisracist...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

is trending.

Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg was swiftly condemned Tuesday after an audio clip surfaced in which he appears to discuss in starkly racial terms the “stop-and-frisk” policing practice he presided over as mayor of New York City.

“Ninety-five percent of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops,” Bloomberg can be heard saying in the clip.

“They are male minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York. That’s true in virtually every city,” the clip continues. “And that’s where the real crime is. You’ve got to get the guns out of the hands of the people that are getting killed.”

The clip seems to have originated from Bloomberg’s speech at an Aspen Institute event in February 2015. Later that month, The Aspen Times reported that Bloomberg’s representatives had asked the Aspen Institute not to distribute footage of his appearance. A Bloomberg campaign aide did not respond to questions about whether the video would be released.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/1 ... lip-113902

Oh shit :o
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is what he said true?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't think his percentages are correct but there is certainly a higher rate of minorities ending up as crime victims or arrested as criminals. You can look to our jails to see that. The question Bloomberg or anyone should ask themselves is why.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:17 pm Is what he said true?
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anyone who didn’t know that has been living under a rock. He never stood a chance at winning the nomination - and I think running was a publicity stunt from the start - but he did promise to spend a bunch of money to beat trump regardless of who the nominee is so I hate him slightly less than I did before 🤷‍♀️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I almost gave him the benefit of the doubt, even though embellishing percentages rubbed me wrong.

^^^^ Then I saw this.

Insinuating more minorities should be stopped than whites.. is just some racist shit to say.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

It appears his past is definitely coming back to haunt him when it comes to this sort of thing.

He's claiming regret from what I understand but is regret enough? What are the percentages today?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

First let’s acknowledge Trump shamelessly acting like he didn’t publicly support this policy back then. He did. So was he wrong? Was Bloomberg wrong?

This policy came after record murder rates in NYC in the 90’s. Crime was down overall since the 80’s except for murder. Murders were mostly a result of the drug wars and the majority of people involved were young black and Latino men under 30 in poor neighborhoods. People in these neighborhoods wanted this problem solved. Some were happy with the policy, some saw it as abusive and profiling.

The Stop and Frisk went on too long and was abused. Crooked police made it worse. What we do know is murder rates were about 2,000 per year before the policy. Currently there are typically under 500 per year. It’s easy to criticize after the fact.

But, at least Bloomberg isn’t lying when he says he’s a billionaire!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:17 pm Is what he said true?
Pretty much what he said was true.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No he's not.

Bloomberg 2020!
Locked Previous topicNext topic