What is the Point of Dating When It Seems Most Relationships Are Unhappy or End in Failure?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Do people really need it?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

People in general (there are always exceptions) want companionship. Unfortunately many people are also inherently selfish or dysfunctional or both. But many of us out there are still hopeful that we will find someone who is not so dysfunctional or selfish so as to be destructive to themselves and us. A lot of people make it work and are very happy. When it works, it can be amazing.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think you can have a wonderful single life, with a network of friends. However, I wouldn't give up on relationships completely.

There many reasons to find companionship. Here are several:

1) Lonliness is detrimental to your health, actually increasing your risk of earlier mortality.
2) Falling in love is a huge boost to your immune system which decreases risk of cancer and other chronic diseases (such as heart disease, dementia & depression), in addition to lowering your risk of catching infectious illness.
3) A relationship can result in unconditional support & happier more fulfilling life. Friends often have many more obligations to meet than a romantic partner who is committed to you.
4) Less risk for STDS and increased sexual activity, which is good for your overall health!
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t know
I’ve learned my lesson
I don’t see any benefits for me
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk. I don't date mainly because I'd been through a couple of bad men choices and decided the single life was better. Plus I didn't want the kids to deal with a stepfather. I like my freedom. But if I had the opportunity I'd date someone. Besides look at it this way. a meteor could kill us all tomorrow. I could crash my car today or there could be a school shooting. Yet I send ds16 to school and drive my car right? The man I date could be the one I've been searching for. I'm not going to know if I don't try.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If nothing else it’s something to do. Gets you out of the house and gets you a free meal, LOL.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not having that fatalistic view, I’ve been married for 24 years, my parents have been married for 50 and my in laws for 52. I actually know very few divorced couples.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Some people really want the companionship and therefore the risk of failure is worth the potential benefit they can get from dating.

Other people are perfectly content without a romantic partner and don't actively date or go looking for it. I know several like that and though they don't have a romantic partner they certainly aren't alone because they have strong friend and family relationships.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Hope is one of the most powerful things in the universe.
It lends strength when there is none. Its the pinprick of light in an otherwise dark world.

People have hope that they'll one day find the right one.

That's the point of it all.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm Hope is one of the most powerful things in the universe.
It lends strength when there is none. Its the pinprick of light in an otherwise dark world.

People have hope that they'll one day find the right one.

That's the point of it all.
Hope is dangerous
Locked Previous topicNext topic