Vegans in the office

Momto1son
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The Keurig and the microwave post got me thinking. we have 2 strict vegans in the office along with a few vegetarians.

My question is who the meat eaters be mindful when bringing lunch? The one vegan we will call her S says she doesn't care what people eat or warm up. For office parties she is always given a budget for vegan friendly stuff. When we donoyr summer cook out she brings her own portable grill.

Now the other vegan we will call her E is the opposite. Whenever anyone brings meat in she yells and asks them not to. She complains about the smell. Even if soneone mentions meat she goes on a rant.

Well yesterday someone warmed up pulled pork. Shr came back to the lunch area on a rampage about how she feels violated and no one cares about her. She went to the office manager and was basically told thet her rights don't out weigh others.

S tells E all the time to get over it.

E wants a meat free environment. Now I don't think that will ever happen.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

uh-huh
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You can't control what other people do. If you don't like something, then you have to deal with it. You can't force someone to not eat meat at work, because you don't like it. Just like they can't force her to eat it.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Good morning, did you sleep well?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

S sounds like a normal person.
E sounds like a closet carnivore.
Good morning!

Its Friday before a 3 day weekend! 🎉🎉
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I absolutely am not buying that E really thinks that she can tell her coworkers what to eat. That being said in college I had a roommate from an Asian country. Idr where but I think Korea. She cooked the worse fish on the planet. Idk what it was. It could have been dried but it smelled up the room. Did I complain? No. But I opened windows. Perhaps your office can do the same.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:24 am S sounds like a normal person.
E sounds like a closet carnivore.
Good morning!

Its Friday before a 3 day weekend! 🎉🎉
Not for me. I'm working. Ds might even have school to make up a hurricane day.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have only every heard of vegan like this never met one in real life. We have a vegan at our work and she honestly does not care. My best friends sister is a vegan and she as well does not care what anyone else does either.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd be tempted to bring in a meat buffet.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I have a Q, but it's not about S or E.
Why am I completely bored off my A?
Locked Previous topicNext topic