Toxic people.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:57 am If you recognize a person is toxic, why would you continue to talk to them in the first place? Why would you even take the time to acknowledge that someone that is toxic has stopped talking to you when the goal would be to avoid them as much as possible to begin with?

"A toxic person is no longer talking to me and I love it. It's like they took the trash out themselves."

Who would talk to somebody when they thought that person was trash all along?

It sounds more like that person was a little hurt when they were rejected and trying to make them feel better about themselves by putting the other person down and marking them as being trash anyway. Making themselves sound toxic to be around.
But by doing that you have nothing to bitch and whine about.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, each situation is unique and it’s not up for me judge.
My brother’s widow is toxic as hell. And ever since my brother died she has been making things more difficult for everyone. But my parents put up with it and I put up with it because ultimately she’s their grandchildren (and my nephews) mom. So for the sake of having them close, we put up with her and her toxicity.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I will share my experience. It's a sad situation, one full of plenty of guilt, BUT

My MIL is toxic, but my DH will never terminate the relationship out of a sense of obligation to 1) maintain contact with his parents 2) not leave the burden of caring for his elderly parents to his only sibling. These values were instilled to him by grandparents.

And although, I am sure he may mourn a life of missed opportunities due to the toxicity or perhaps a few moments of joy, overall, we will feel a sense of relief when she is no longer part of our lives.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:58 am I don’t think people are toxic.
Why not?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Speaking from experience with what your DH is going through, because he did not sever the ties and attempted to have some semblance of a relationship with his mother, when she passes, he may have no regrets. And for that, he might be grateful.

I'm sorry for what your DH is experiencing with his mom, though. It can be tough. :(
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:14 pm I will share my experience. It's a sad situation, one full of plenty of guilt, BUT

My MIL is toxic, but my DH will never terminate the relationship out of a sense of obligation to 1) maintain contact with his parents 2) not leave the burden of caring for his elderly parents to his only sibling. These values were instilled to him by grandparents.

And although, I am sure he may mourn a life of missed opportunities due to the toxicity or perhaps a few moments of joy, overall, we will feel a sense of relief when she is no longer part of our lives.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Every relationship is different. I won’t judge some one not ending a bad relationship, or speaking out about relieved they are that the “trash has taken itself out”.

And yes, dear heart, you are babbling.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No, I understand what she is saying just fine.
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:25 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:28 am And your response of what are you babbling about was an intelligent reply?
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:22 am

Well that’s an intelligent reply.
Is she not babbling on?
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I don't engage with toxic people. I'm able to smile, nod my head, and walk away without commenting. It's pretty simple really.
I do something similar to a couple of members on this site. I refuse to engage with them, I have no problem ignoring them...
Anonymous 3

Unread post

That's me, too. Many years ago, I started the "DO NOT ENGAGE" philosophy. And life has been grand since. :)

The "Do Not Engage" approach can really drive some toxic people absolutely nuts. They don't know how to react to it.
iamanon wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:12 pm I don't engage with toxic people. I'm able to smile, nod my head, and walk away without commenting. It's pretty simple really.
I do something similar to a couple of members on this site. I refuse to engage with them, I have no problem ignoring them...
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 pm My Mom is toxic but if I were to cut her out completely my entire family would cut me out. It's happened before. Everyone thinks she's a good person and how dare you cut her out and you must be horrible for doing that but they don't know how she really is. I do. So I talk to her at bare minimum. I don't call her. She calls me. I see her at family functions but don't allow her to be alone with my kids.
How can your entire family be wrong while you are right?
Locked Previous topicNext topic