I think I ate spoiled ground beef.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yesterday I tried defrosting it on the counter for 2 hours then decided to put it back in the fridge to cook today. Today it was brown in some areas which from my awareness can be caused from exposure to oxygen. And since I prepped it in a freezer Zip lock bag I don't usually throw away meat like that. It did leak dark red blood instead of bright red. I smelled it before seasoning, no bad smell. When I cooked it, it didn't smell bad at all. It tasted fine. I read online that once it turns brown i may have been spoiled.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 pm Yesterday I tried defrosting it on the counter for 2 hours then decided to put it back in the fridge to cook today. Today it was brown in some areas which from my awareness can be caused from exposure to oxygen. And since I prepped it in a freezer Zip lock bag I don't usually throw away meat like that. It did leak dark red blood instead of bright red. I smelled it before seasoning, no bad smell. When I cooked it, it didn't smell bad at all. It tasted fine. I read online that once it turns brown i may have been spoiled.
If you get the shits/diarrhea, you will know for sure. Fo you have pepto bismal?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol. No, Brown ground beef isn’t spoiled. If it wasn’t a grayish color, smelled fine and wasn’t slimy, it was OK.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 pm Lol. No, Brown ground beef isn’t spoiled. If it wasn’t a grayish color, smelled fine and wasn’t slimy, it was OK.
It was brown not really gray. No bad smell just smelled like meat.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So it was probably fine. Brown color simply means less exposure to oxygen.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:49 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 pm Lol. No, Brown ground beef isn’t spoiled. If it wasn’t a grayish color, smelled fine and wasn’t slimy, it was OK.
It was brown not really gray. No bad smell just smelled like meat.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Brown doesn't mean spoiled, but defrosting it on a countertop is asking for food poisoning. Always defrost in the fridge.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You're fine. The hamburger was fine. Spoiled meat smells bad. If it didn't smell bad then you're fine.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's fine.

Especially if you cooked it well.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If you thought that it was spoiled when you started to cook it then why in the hell did you continue to cook and eat it
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There’s no question when meat is spoiled. It’s smell is very obvious.
Locked Previous topicNext topic