Toxic people.

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maybe once you get to know them more you realize how toxic they are
The longer you are in contact with them you figure out more and more that they aren’t either the person you thought and not someone you want in your life.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t think people are toxic.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:28 am And your response of what are you babbling about was an intelligent reply?
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:22 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am

Run along. Go find yourself a nice easy-to -read children's story book with pictures that you can understand.
Well that’s an intelligent reply.
Is she not babbling on?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:41 am I can't speak for Lucky or anyone else, but when I read your post, I said to myself, "I wish she would just tell us who treated whom poorly so that we can give good feedback." I don't consider myself illiterate or stupid. But responding to you would be easier for me if your post had been straight forward. For me, it was the last paragraph (and too many "thems" and "theys") that made it difficult for me to follow.

Can you clarify?
What is it that you are bothered by? Is it that you know someone (I'll call her Clare) who continues to talk with a toxic person and you just can't understand why Clare continues to talk with the toxic person? Or are you saying that it drives you crazy that Clare is upset about the fact that a toxic person no longer engages with her? (Or maybe you're saying both?) The topic of toxicity and relationships with toxic people is a hot topic. I'd love to further discuss (after I'm sure about what we're discussing. lol)

"It sounds more like that person was a little hurt when they were rejected and trying to make them feel better about themselves by putting the other person down and marking them as being trash anyway. Making themselves sound toxic to be around."

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:59 am What are you babbling about?
Run along. Go find yourself a nice easy-to -read children's story book with pictures that you can understand.
This and if it was just one post with this all over the place train of thought, fine, but there has been an influx and they are painful to read.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I think people need to realize they're the toxic ones also.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't always get to pick and choose who I have to have contact with.
So on those occasions where I am in the company of someone who is toxic, I try to meet them at their level of understanding [not mine].
I either try to understand why someone is the way that they are OR I accept them for who they are. I which case, I keep it brief don't expect more than I know they are capable of giving and move on.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Sometimes people maintain a relationship out of a sense of obligation.

Sometimes people don't realize just how toxic another person was until they no longer have to put up with them.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I feel like people just say that when the they want to announce they deleted someone. Seems childish to me but can be entertaining as long as it has nothing to do with me, lol.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

My Mom is toxic but if I were to cut her out completely my entire family would cut me out. It's happened before. Everyone thinks she's a good person and how dare you cut her out and you must be horrible for doing that but they don't know how she really is. I do. So I talk to her at bare minimum. I don't call her. She calls me. I see her at family functions but don't allow her to be alone with my kids.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If the toxic person is family, I think most people will "hold onto" that toxic person longer (than they would if the person WASN'T family). And I think regardless of whether the toxic person is family or is not family, the reason we hold on sometimes longer than we probably should is because it's hard to let go of the hope that things can get better.
Locked Previous topicNext topic